What's new

International Region B Inferno (1953) 3D August 10 (1 Viewer)

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
StephenDH said:
This was released in 1999 and appears to have been an anaglyph version. If it was still around I'd probably buy it.
Really, don't waste your money. This is a poorly done anaglyphic version that is pretty unwatchable. Be warned.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Panamint Cinema said:
It is Region B coded, and we are based in Scotland, UK. We can ship to private collectors outside UK. Outside Region B a multi-region player is required.
This is the best news I've gotten all day! Eagerly awaiting the pre-order when it becomes available!

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
EddieLarkin said:
What makes you think that? All of Kino's stuff is available from several retailers that ship outside the US.
I was just looking at Kino's site. If they sell via third parties then that's a bit more encouraging.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Bob Furmanek said:
After all the recent work that's been done to restore THE BUBBLE in HD from the original camera negatives, I don't think you'd want to seek out a 15 year old standard definition anaglyphic conversion...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/329482-a-quick-preview-of-arch-obolers-the-bubble-coming-in-2014/
You're right: it would have been a triumph of hope over experience. Colour anaglyphs don't work on tv but people still keep trying. Channel 4's ColorCode version of "Flesh for Frankenstein" was a disaster.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
StephenDH said:
You're right: it would have been a triumph of hope over experience. Colour anaglyphs don't work on tv but people still keep trying. Channel 4's ColorCode version of "Flesh for Frankenstein" was a disaster.
I wanted to see it but didn't have the cheap paper glasses in the house, it sounds like i didn't miss anything.

If i can discuss broadcasting 3D content for one minute, let me say the sad thing about the BBC and 3D is that they never showed one single film and yet they judged it a failure, i know for a fact they hardly advertised it, they showed The Olympics, Tennis, Mr Stink, Planet Dinosaur and one episode of Doctor Who in 3D and declared it a failure, not exactly a proper test in my opinion, if they had shown several good films and advertised in advance it might have been more of a success.

I happen to think the BBC declared it a failure because they needed the HD bandwidth for the regional BBC channels and this was an easy out for them, anyways enough talking about the BBC, back to Inferno.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Inferno-UK-2-D.gif

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
There was at least one 3D screening of "Inferno" in London's West End according to a reply I had from someone on another forum who says he was there.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
FoxyMulder said:
I wanted to see it but didn't have the cheap paper glasses in the house, it sounds like i didn't miss anything.

If i can discuss broadcasting 3D content for one minute, let me say the sad thing about the BBC and 3D is that they never showed one single film and yet they judged it a failure, i know for a fact they hardly advertised it, they showed The Olympics, Tennis, Mr Stink, Planet Dinosaur and one episode of Doctor Who in 3D and declared it a failure, not exactly a proper test in my opinion, if they had shown several good films and advertised in advance it might have been more of a success.

I happen to think the BBC declared it a failure because they needed the HD bandwidth for the regional BBC channels and this was an easy out for them, anyways enough talking about the BBC, back to Inferno.
It came as a surprise when the BBC announced it was closing its 3D "service"; most people didn't know they had one.
Sky is now the only game in town for broadcast 3D and although it works perfectly well, the material is uninspiring (and expensive) to say the least. So much so that I cancelled my subscription some time ago.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
StephenDH said:
There was at least one 3D screening of "Inferno" in London's West End according to a reply I had from someone on another forum who says he was there.
Good catch. Further digging shows that it opened in 3-D at the Odeon Marble Arch.

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
Great news that we'll be able to order this stateside. As soon as it's up for pre-order let us know here, you'll certainly have some business.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
StephenDH said:
Unfortunately, based on Kino's T&C so far, "The Bubble" is likely to be Region 1 and not shipped outside the US. Something for US 3D fans to think about whilst we're watching "Inferno" in the UK.
I had my copy posted to outside the USA.Why should sellers not post overseas? I have never had a problem.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
EddieLarkin said:
UK label Panamint Cinema are apparently releasing this on Blu-ray 3D in August in the UK, from a new Fox restoration:

http://www.panamint.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=14301374

It's like its too good to be true. I wonder if Twilight Time will get it for the US?

edit: oops, somehow missed this news already being posted in the DVD subsection!
Am I missing something from the website you link to? I see nothing to indicate this Blu-ray release will be 3-D, only a notation that the film was "Originally filmed in 3-D."

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
If I can find a copy for purchase anywhere later this year, then I will gladly bring it on in. I have been fortunate to obtain a few non-Region A BD's and 1 DVD's, while having the means to play them back here in my home. This is what I have done for A Turtle's Tale 3D and Departures (though 2D), not to mention the numerous DVD's I have added as a result--especially in the TV DVD category.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Just to clear up any confusion which I have noticed in some posts on this topic, our Blu-ray 3D release of "Inferno" is being produced using Dan Symmes' restored masters which ARE archived at 20th Century Fox. The artwork on our website will be updated over the next week or so.

Contractually it has to be region B. If you are outside that region, we can still supply, but a multi-region player will be required.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks