What's new

International Region B Inferno (1953) 3D August 10 (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
It's about the same price (Amazon UK vs Panamint) for Australia though. I'd love to see this film, but the currency conversion is around AU$52, and for one film - however good - I cannot justify spending that much... at least not anymore.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
classicmovieguy said:
It's about the same price (Amazon UK vs Panamint) for Australia though. I'd love to see this film, but the currency conversion is around AU$52, and for one film - however good - I cannot justify spending that much... at least not anymore.
I agree it's an awful lot to pay for just one disc.
Certainly there was a lot of hesitation on my part, but I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase it.

I'm really glad I did because it's a terrific disc and as for the 50 plus Dollars, well I've forgotten about that already and I'm just a pensioner with a limited income. ( I'll just forgo a few takeaways this month) :)

Doug.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
nigel19 said:
Seems bizarre to not sell it on Amazon - they could be losing sales in the thousands as the majority of people won't even know the disc exists.
Why not just sell it on Amazon at a higher price that takes into account Amazons exorbitant fees?
And with fees of just 10% or lower ebay would also be a good place to sell it.

My experience of selling shows that even if your income is less per unit as it would be on Amazon , the resulting huge increase in actual sales would make for an overall increased profit - and thats the aim surely. If its not a Limited Edition then they could go that route.
I don't normally care to discuss my business model, or take advice on how to run it, but clearly most posters have no idea how much it costs to put a Blu-ray together, let alone a 3D edition. I am a one man business and started it to get access to films not normally available. Why don't you try that yourself? It's not hard - just need lots of nous --- and of course, some cash.

Russell, Panamint

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Panamint Cinema said:
I don't normally care to discuss my business model, or take advice on how to run it, but clearly most posters have no idea how much it costs to put a Blu-ray together, let alone a 3D edition. I am a one man business and started it to get access to films not normally available. Why don't you try that yourself? It's not hard - just need lots of nous --- and of course, some cash.Russell, Panamint
Take no heed to that poster...In a single day...1. Told you how to run your business.2. Said he was glad the inferiority of plasma was gone and that LED is the best thing there ever was.2a. Wondered why we kept calling them LCD.3. Thinks calibration is a waste of time... Nobody should tell him not to use "torch mode" (making the torch mode up...but hey, the rest is accurate).

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Well said Russell. If it was easy everybody would be doing it. This is usually the criticism TT get.

I was pleased to pre-order this title (something I rarely do) and am delighted with it. Hopefully it will be successful enough for you to release other titles in this genre and Rhonda Fleming in particular.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Panamint Cinema said:
I don't normally care to discuss my business model, or take advice on how to run it, but clearly most posters have no idea how much it costs to put a Blu-ray together, let alone a 3D edition. I am a one man business and started it to get access to films not normally available. Why don't you try that yourself? It's not hard - just need lots of nous --- and of course, some cash.

Russell, Panamint
If all the sales from Inferno make you rich enough to employ some staff i am available ( at short notice ) and just up the road. :D

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I actually have an interesting question...Since the movie I'll bring up already has a UK Blu(I had to jump hoops to order one).How "out there" are you, as a one person crew, willing to get?Case in point...Preaching to the Perverted Granted that type of film can cause a backlash of sorts on the remaining catalog(seen Synapse deal with hell over releasing "smut like The Image". Which I bought and gladly showed a photo of the disc, mailed package and receipt on that forum where people were doing their "public outcry").I will say this, if costs can be made to work...And consumers can deal with..."hey, could it look better? Sure...but x and y could only get so far"...Small companies are the savior of many a fine film.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just came up with a great movie that a one-man op could get away with...if the genre suits you...Feldman's Think Dirty/Every Home Should Have One.DVD or BD, don't care. I'd buy 10 copies as gifts.(Yes, know it exists. Both versions I know of...suck)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I normally go through Amazon because as a consumer it's at times been easier for me, but I found Panamint's website to be easy to navigate and easy to order from. They shipped it quickly and it got to me in the US faster than my Amazon.uk orders usually do. More impressively, they followed up with an email to make sure everything arrived and offering me discounts on future orders. It still seems cheaper for the consumer to get the disc through Pamamint directly than Amazon.uk. I know it's not an inexpensive disc, but I think the quality is on par with Twilight Time and Criterion, and I think the price I paid was in the same neighborhood as discs from those companies. From this one experience with them, Russell and Panamint were a class act. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend purchasing from them and if they are able to license any other classic 3D titles (or other titles I want but can't get in the US), I will be happy to buy from them again. "Inferno" was a special movie for me - I got to see it back in 2010 as part of a vintage 3D festival, and it was one of those once in a lifetime moviegoing experiences where everything was perfect. I never thought I'd see it again in 3D and I'm thankful that Russell put together such a high quality release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Members,

A problem has been dealt with which is why certain posts are gone. Please report if that problem reappears in the future. Thank you.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Robert Crawford said:
Members,

A problem has been dealt with which is why certain posts are gone. Please report if that problem reappears in the future. Thank you.
So my gut reaction was right about them.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
I got an email from Panamint today saying Inferno is being released on dvd .
Presumably not 3D so not much point surely ?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
youworkmen said:
I got an email from Panamint today saying Inferno is being released on dvd .
Presumably not 3D so not much point surely ?
Panamint sent me that email too. I didn't read it carefully as I have the Blu-ray disc but I thought the DVD was 3-D

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Robin9 said:
Panamint sent me that email too. I didn't read it carefully as I have the Blu-ray disc but I thought the DVD was 3-D
If it was then it would be the old anaglyph system which gives disappointing results.
But I've checked the email again and the links to their site and the dvd shows no indication of being 3D .
Inferno is hardly a cinema classic and it's status on Bluray is of being a great example of vintage 3d so I would have thought that interest in a 2d version was quite low

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks