What's new

Reciever noise (1 Viewer)

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering what could be causing this: When Im adjusting the volume through the mid to upper ranges on my Integra(Energy speakers) reciever, I hear slight static pops through each db increment especially if i go up or down rapidly through the middle range of the volume dial. Kinda like "fft, fft, fft ,fft ..."
Its not loud and you can only hear it during quiet music passages, but still I want to know what it is. I have all my cables separated very well in back, and Im waiting on my new Tripp-lite surge/conditioner that should be here soon-could that be the problem? Is this just no big deal or what? I also was thinking it could be the very efficient Energys just picking up the sound of the volume dial...Any ideas? Thanks!!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam.Gonsman

Stunt Coordinator
Is it an analog volume control or digital? Does it do it with no sound playing (source set to an empty input)? Is this an older unit? Did it just start this all of a sudden one day, or is the unit new (or this condition been there from new)?

If it's an analog volume control, I'm thinking the contacts are dirty/getting worn, especially if this is an older model.

If it's digital volume control, all I can say is very strange. It must be a board picking up cross talk from the volume control circuit or something.

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Adam, Well the volume is a conventional dial control with numbers that count from 0 to 80(loudest). The reciever is only 6 months old...its nothing I havent noticed before, Im just wondering what the hell it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks