Recent problem streaming video...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Allan, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Hello all, I always get such good advice from HTF, so here goes... My Dell laptop used to stream video (hulu, etc) perfectly well. Then, I had an issue with the power not working, and Dell came out to fix it. Well, needless to say, after a month of not powering on, the laptop worked fine when Dell came. But, now, my computer will not stream video - it locks up all of the time. It used to stream just fine. But now, it sucks. Other than that, Internet browsing is just fine. I am thinking maybe the tech changed some setting.... Any thoughts? I am at wits end here... Thanks! Allan

2. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Allan- Have you tried making sure of these things: Windows updates are all done Adobe flash updated to version 11. Silverlight updated.

3. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

Matt, I upgraded Flash last night to Version 11. I am not sure what Silverlight is, but I have Version 4 installed. I am not sure if all Windows updates are current, but I will check tonight. All that being said, my streaming worked perfectly well before but has now stopped functioning properly. How could that be due to needing upgrades, since it worked so well before??? thanks! Allan

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    You might have some burned up or loose components.