What's new

Receiver + Soundbar + Projector + consoles, how to make them work together? (1 Viewer)

Thijs

Grip
I bought a LG NB3530 Soundbar and i want to use it with my Yamaha RX-V1700. I checked the manual and i did everything that i thought would be the logical thing to do, but nothing made a change. I am officially completely stuck. I'll explain how i have it set up.- I have a Optoma projector, Yamaha receiver, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U and LG Soundbar.- One HDMI cable goes from the receiver's HDMI out to the projector. In the receiver's HDMI 1 (DVD) i have Xbox 360 and in HDMI 2 (CBL/SAT) goes either PS3 or Wii U. I only need to turn the input wheel of the receiver to DVD and i'll see the Xbox 360 screen on my wall, projected by the projector. I love this setup, cause it let's me easily switch between the consoles. I used to use a headphones and it would be easy as hell. But now with the soundbar....-One optical cable from the soundbar;s HDMI In goes to the receiver's Optical Out and i choose CD. While video source naturally works at this point, audio does not.- I check the manual and i decide to into the receiver's manual menu and into I/O assign. HDMI In is DVD and Optical Out is CD, where i got my soundbar's optical plugged into. I also tried using the remote of the receiver and using audio select, putting input to DVD and output to CD. But still nothing.I simply want to keep this setup with the receiver and consoles and have the soundbar working for the consoles via optical. It's probably something small but i am completely stuck here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If this simply is not possible, i'll have to switch optical cable from Xbox 360 to PS3 and Wii U each time i want to play one of them. Not the end of the world, but i was told it can definitely work with the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks