What's new

Receiver left channel distorted now, any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

PaulKH

Second Unit
Hi. My 3 year old Sony DA90ESG receiver now outputs the left front channel with significant distortion. I've tried swapping speakers, cables, etc., and it's definitely the right front output.
Does this mean the receiver's left front amp is probably toast?! I thought the ES components were better built...
:frowning:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

PaulKH

Second Unit
Hey Mark, thanks! I checked the warranty on Sony's web site, and you're right, it should be 5 yrs parts and labor on the ES receiver. A local authorized service center said I shouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket which is cool.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
You may have lost a driver IC. After repair you might want to examine heat buildup around the unit since that is what usually causes them to fail. If you have had any intermittent strange noises mention it to the servicer so he will check for poor ground connections, another difficult to pin down problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks