What's new

Rear-right channel not working (1 Viewer)

Scott_C

Auditioning
I recently returned from vacation, and much to my dismay, my rear-right channel is not working! I know it's not the speaker, because if I change the wiring around (say, put the rear-right speaker cable in the rear-left output), I get sound out of the speaker.
Nobody said anything to me about anything happening to my receiver while I was gone, so I'm expecting equipment failure :frowning: Is there any common explanation as to why a single channel would suddenly not work? Also, if it is equipment failure, is it repairable? How much would it cost me?
I'm running the RCA RT2250 receiver with the RCA RT2250 surrounds, by the way...
Thanks in advance!

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
First step is to double-check all connections on your receiver. Be sure that all speaker connections are cleanly done, especially if you use bare wire. Next, check your DVD and receiver's setup to be sure that somehow something hasn't been changed, like speaker selection (unlikely as the rear-left is O.K.) or channel levels (possible). Thirdly, some receivers have a fuse for the speakers which blows if a bare wire or other metallic object touches between the + and - terminals. Replacements are easily obtained at Radio Shack.

If the channel is truly blown, expect a fairly high repair bill - you may find that buying a new receiver is a better option. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks