What's new

Radeon 7500 or GeForce3&4 (1 Viewer)

Ryan Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Locally these are the only two video cards I can purchase. Which of them would provide a better picture for DVD playback? Are the differences that big on a FP system?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Ryan: If you are more concerned about game framerate, the GeForce 3 would probably be a better buy for you than the 7500. Tom's Hardware shows a big performance gap between the two. An 8500 would be more in line with what the GeForce 3's can produce, unless you're looking at a value-priced GeForce.

As far as video quality goes... I've HEARD that the ATI chips are a bit better at DVD playback, but that's hearsay, so I'm not completely sure it's true.

If you could narrow your search down to 2 specific chips (i.e. Radeon 7500 versus a GeForce 4 MX 460), it would help a bit more regarding the performance of both.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
For DVD playback, the ATI Radeon is definitely tops. No question about it.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Another nVidia goon here, I upgraded from a 7500 to a gf4, the only thing I'm missing is the quality of the Radeon's S-video out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks