What's new

Problems with audio playback for Pioneer VSX-516 (1 Viewer)

Arty

Auditioning
Real Name
Artem Suetin
Hello, I have a pioneer-VSX 516 and have trouble with audio playback.

The speakers (JBL SCS260SAT) are in good working order. I've checked by plugging them into another sound system. The wiring is also good - I've cleaned all ends and passed sound through each via another system.

However once sound comes out of the receiver 2 of the speakers produce a lot of crackling, which affects other speakers and the overall music experience. Can this be fixed without purchaing a new reciever?

This maybe similar to other problems reported earlier but I couldn't find a solution for the Pioneer.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Considering the receiver is now 17 years old, it is highly likely it would not be cost effective to get it repaired, and probably time to consider having it replaced.

Arty

Auditioning
Real Name
Artem Suetin
Considering the receiver is now 17 years old, it is highly likely it would not be cost effective to get it repaired, and probably time to consider having it replaced.

I've come to the same conclusion. I thought it may be dust/dirt buildup or something easily fixable, so I asked. Even if it is fixed though technology has come a long way since then

Arty

Auditioning
Real Name
Artem Suetin
I've come to the same conclusion. I thought it may be dust/dirt buildup or something easily fixable, so I asked. Even if it is fixed, though, technology has come a long way since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks