What's new

questions on volume on Yamaha 5460 and take 5.2? (1 Viewer)

eltres

Auditioning
Well i had a Yamaha 5250 a few months back and upgrade(if u call that) to the Yamaha 5460 and also got the new Take 5.2 speakers system.Well some how it seem that my 5250 sounded louder than the newer 5460!Since i live apartment and have a witch living next door that hates any kind of noise i have not gone past 35db on the volume control!When i had the 5250 just a couple clicks i would get loud music and i had KLH($99) speakers. I do think i have pretty good speakers(take 5.2).Do i need to mess around with the settings?On the sub should i connect it on the x over input or the other input it has?Or is the loud sound i'm looking for past 35db on the volume control? Need all the help and advice please,thanks

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Perhaps the KLH were a little more sensitive than the Energy. My son had KLH which would go loud quickly but lacked imaging and detail. He also went with Energy which took more volume to push but were much more detailed and cleaner. I certianly believe that is what you are noticing.... but then again, that Yamaha receiver does have a lot of settings that can be changed so mess with them a little too.
------------------
"I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethru gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades forever and forever...."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks