What's new

Question regarding bandwidth and console gaming (1 Viewer)

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
I have a question regarding online gaming, particularly with the PS2 and Xbox. What I'm wondering is roughly about how much bandwidth in MB's I'm using for an hour of something like Mech Assault or SOCOM.

I'm probably going to be taking a job with a new employer in June, and the only broadband provider that I know of in that area charges based on bandwidth used per month (1st gig free, then a few cents per MB after that). With my current usage just for movie trailer downloads and newsgroup usage, I'd be broke pretty quick. :)

Thanks for any info.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
well, assume the worst, and that it's using (in my case) my full bandwidth (90KB/sec down-15KB/sec up)

316.62MB/hr down
52.73MB/hr up

now frankly I'm guessing that MA uses a heck of a lot less, but there you go

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I don't have anything to add to this, but I did wonder....

How common is it for an ISP to charge by bandwidth like that? I've never heard of that.

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Not common in the US to my understanding. This particular ISP is in Germany, and I have no idea if it is typical of that area. It was the only one I could find online.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
At least your annoying little Raven won't be running around as much :P

Maybe they have a flat rate?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks