What's new

Question on which way to aim my rear speakers. (1 Viewer)

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
well starting to glue together my rear speaker boxes tomarow. and my dad is making me some stainless steel speaker mounts for my corners in my room for my rear speakers. and i need to know weather to make the aim forward or at a angle or straight twords the sitting area (the bed). what would you guys suggest ? the rears are 1 7" sub and 1 Ribbon tweeter.
wups forgot the pic
Link Removed

David Ison

Stunt Coordinator
from the looks of the room i would try this:angry:ace the speakers into the corners at a 45degree about 2 feet out of the corners, my reasoning is some reflection would help diffuse the sound feild since you will be setting so close to the speakers in what seems to be an open small space any other way i think you would hear them as a source this of course is only my opinion as a starting point.the only real way to tell is try several spots untill it sound right to you

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I would place them on the side walls and point them directly toward each other like dolby reccommends. Just make sure to calibrate them with an SPL meter so they are not too loud. I had a setup like that for a while, and properly calibrated it sounded great.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Calibration will be the key here, but I would try both recommended setups, as well as pointing them towards the front of the room for a more diffused effect (maybe 10-20 degrees off the side wall to reduce the first reflection). Dolby says to point them towards eachother BUT also states that is the case with them 1-2 feet ABOVE the listener. If you mount them at ear level, pointing them directly at you will still localize them a bit too much, IMO. I have mine pointed toward eachother at ear level, a few feet behind. Basically, you're going to have to experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks