What's new

Question: How do I save Quicktime movie previews to hard drive? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth English

Second Unit
Okay: I used to be able to go to http://www.quicktime.com/trailers
Is there some kind of setting I can change or something I need to do to be able to save these things again? Would I be able to if I bit the bullet and paid for Quicktime Pro?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Don't quote me on this but I have been told that with QuickTime Pro you would be able to save the files to your hard drive.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hmm. Can't you right-click on a link and choose 'save as'?
I hate QT because you can't get it to go fullscreen with black background like Windows Media Player.
Or maybe you can. Anyone?
confused.gif

------------------
My band is @ http://www.mokita.net
My Novelty Coasters

Ethan Thomas

Auditioning
You can get it to go full screen with black bars in the background and you can right click and save the movie to your hard drive IF you have Quicktime Pro... and with them now making it so that you can't veiw the larger versions of the trailer unless you have QT Pro (or unless someone mirror's it) it may be worth the investment to buy it...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Buy QT Pro for both concerns. After the file downloads, there's a button at the far end (or you can right-click) that allows you to save. You have two choices: save as QT file or save as source. I think if you save as source, that removes it from your temp folder and not only makes the file accessible offline, but that is the copy that will be played the next time you load the page. If you save as a QT file, you'll likely have two copies on your hard drive (one in the temp, one where you saved it).
For full-screen with a black background, open the movie and hit CTRL-M (or, go to the menu). This is Presentation. You can select Normal, Double, Half, Full. No matter which you choose, it is played against a black background.
One thing I find odd is that the recent Spider-Man clips were not saveable, even in QT Pro. I guess that's determined by the content provider.
[Edited last by Greg_S_H on November 16, 2001 at 05:09 PM]

mark_d

Second Unit
You can get a full screen replay if you have pro. That makes it worth the price of entry alone. The 640 wide SW trailers are awesome in pro if you set your screen to 640x480.
The ability to save is sweet, too. No messing around in that darn temporary internet files folder.
BTW, .mov files are definately still in the temporary internet files folder for QT5 non-pro edition for me. I had QT5 for a good while before paying for pro, and had no probs. Using 98 SE and NT, that is. Don't know if it works taht way if you're using a different OS.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks