What's new

Question about "Looney Tunes the Chuck Jones Collection Mouse Chronicles" (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I've been wanting to buy some classic toons for some time now and will be purchasing Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume One blu ray tonight (I will also be buying Vol 2 when it's released in October). I just found out that Looney Tunes the Chuck Jones Collection Mouse Chronicles will also be available in a couple of weeks. It certainly sounds like a great addition to have.
My question is: Will the various cartoon shorts on the Chuck Jones Mouse Collection eventually be included in future Looney Tunes Platinum releases? I'd hate to get it if that's the case and would rather wait until the rest of the volume sets come out over the next couple of years.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question. Seeing as it's a bluray release I think most are of the "I hope not" mentality since double dipping is never a good feeling.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My guess is that no-one will be able to answer this definitively. The future being murky and un-foreseeable and such.
My own opinion is that it is unlikely - at least for the Platinum Blu-Ray line for all the titles on Mouse Chronicles
My reasoning is this:
I feel that, for the first few releases of the Platinum line, they will be releasing mostly titles that were on the Golden Collections, although, as was the case with Vol 1 and Vol 2, not a one-for-one duplication (PC1 didn't equal GC1, etc).
There have been approximately 400 titles released under either the Golden Collection or SuperStar line. Now we are throwing the Mouse Chronicles into the mix.
With all those 'already on DVD' titles to be re-released on Blu-Ray, and with the Platinum line having 50-60 titles per volume, we are talking 9-10 volumes just to upgrade what was previously released. And the Platinums have approximately 600 never released titles to also draw on (assuming about 1000 Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies total - I might be wrong on the exact number).
And if there is a rhyme or reason to the titles chosen by WHV for a particular release, it is not readily apparent to most people.
And, depending on which forum/thread you read, Blu-Ray may or may not be around for the long haul. Which means we may not get 9-10 volumes of Platinum releases.
So, while I can't say that the Mouse Chronicles titles won't be release on some HD platform in the future, I wouldn't necessarily wait for them to all be released as part of a Platinum volume.
David

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Thank your for the replies. I had a feeling that there would be no definitive answer to my question. But I had to ask. I'm certainly hoping that the Platinum Collections will continue to be released on blu ray until the WB Looney Tunes vault has been exhausted. :)
I'm going to take the gamble and buy the Chuck Jones collection. It's only $25 on Amazon as a preorder. It will probably go up to $30 or $35 after it's officially released. Thanks again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks