What's new

Question about LCD HDTV (1 Viewer)

msduncan

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Duncan
Forgive me in advance if I didn't choose the right forum for this question -- it's my first post and first visit here.

I currently have a 4 year old Toshiba 57 inch Cinemawide projection HDTV. I've been drooling over a Sharp 53 inch LCD flat panel, and have clearance from the wife to buy it if I so choose.

The question I guess is that am I going to see an improvement in picture quality from the Toshiba which is HDTV, to the newer Sharp flat panel LCD? I know the Sharp has 1080p which would be an improvement during games and HDDVD and Blue Ray movies, but overall would I see an improvement in quality since it's been several HD generations since I bought that Toshiba?

Thanks guys! Be gentle! It's my first post! :)

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
If the Sharp you're considering is the Aquos, I bought last month, the 52" and it is a very impressive TV. I had a rear projection 55" Phillips that I had to upgrade, since it didn't have HDMI connections, and I ran out of inputs after buying PS3.

The most impressive feature of the Aquos, is how bright and clear an image it creates. If the shot shows a street light, that street light in the picture, almost illuminates the floor. The colors a very realistic and vibrant. FOX did an amazing job broadcasting HD Football.

Remember, currently no one is broadcasting in 1080P, but you are buying a TV for today, and the future, so go for it.

I heard Sony is working on producing a TV, by the end of 2007 is 1900P, to better show off Blu-Ray.

msduncan

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Duncan

I guess I should have mentioned, I do own a PS3, so I do have immediate access to Blu Ray. I just wondered if side by side the Sharp newer generation HDTV would be better at the same resolutions to my 4 year old Toshiba rear projection HDTV.

Edit -- And yes it's the Aquos :)

msduncan

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Duncan
What is the process Sharp uses for their warranty service?

I ordered the TV from an online shop and they offered me a warranty -- I just wondered if I should call them back and purchase it rather than going with the manufacturer warranty.

Is the manufacturer warranty on these TV's a hassel to deal with just in case something is wrong with the set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks