What's new

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #13

“The Jug-Marker”

Pictures of mastermind criminal Elias Devon (actor William Windom).

jug_01.jpg
jug_02.jpg
jug_03.jpg
jug_04.jpg
jug_05.jpg
jug_06.jpg
jug_07.jpg
jug_08.jpg
jug_09.jpg
jug_10.jpg
jug_11.jpg
jug_12.jpg
jug_13.jpg
jug_14.jpg
jug_15.jpg
jug_16.jpg
jug_17.jpg

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #14

“The Outcast”
written by Arthur Dales
directed by Virgil W. Vogel
guests: Michael Callan, Katherine Justice, John Larch, Richard Evans, Alex Rocco, Val Avery, Russell Thorson, Jan Merlin, Naomi Stevens, Richard Karlan, John Davey, John Kroger, Bill Cort, Jay Jones, Bob Westmoreland, Brett Hadley, Mark Thomas

THEFT FROM INTERSTATE SHIPMENT, INTERSTATE TRANSPORTATION OF STOLEN MOTOR VEHICLE

It’s a good and personal Syndicate and a gang of thieves entry but with an intimate leaning from an odd couple running away from the milieu. Actress Katherine Justice never look better and very fit. The main novelty is that a Syndicate member is refused his wedding because his girlfriend is not in the standards of the mob. Virgil W. Vogel uses some fish eye lens shots. Actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr has the new haircut. Find the return of the epilogue at the office of Erskine with the criminal dressed in blue. The cast of the thieves is very good: John Larch as the big boss and collector of vintage cars, Michael Callan as the executive leader, Katherine Justice as the artist and the girlfriend of the executive leader. Find two teams of enforcers: the first one (Richard Evans as the new henchman and the master of disguise posing as a hippy hitchchiker, Alex Rocco as the old henchman and the lieutenant of the big boss) to hijack a whiskey shipment and the second one (Val Avery, Jan Merlin) to hijack an automatic rifle shipment.

QM actors notes: Michael Callan guests in some QM series like 12 O’Clock High (2), The FBI (4), Barnaby Jones.

Returning guest actors: Michael Callan (the season 5 “Gamble with Death”), Katherine Justice (the season 7 “Judas Goat”), John Larch (the season 2 “The Price of Death”), Richard Evans (the season 6 “Incident in the Desert”), Val Avery (the season 2 “The Cave-In”), Russell Thorson (the season 6 “The Innocents”), Jan Merlin (the season 5 “Blood Tie”), Richard Karlan (the season 2 “The Scourge”), John Davey (the season 7 “Bitter Harbor”), John Kroger (the season 7 “The Set-Up”), Bill Cort (the season 5 “Tug-of-War”), Jay Jones (the season 7 “The Corruptor”), Brett Hadley (the season 6 “Death Watch”).

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
"Overload" is a superb episode from season 3, I watched it last night on the DVD. Good story and a little more suspenseful than usual for an FBI episode. This type of story would also have worked well as an episode of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
On the season 3 DVD, I have noticed that Part 2 of the episode "By Force And Violence" includes "The FBI in color" bumper at the beginning, and also includes "The Ford Motor Company" sponsor mention during the opening credits.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #15

“Dark Christmas”
written by Robert Heverly
guests: Don Gordon, Marianne McAndrew, Sondra Locke, Eugene Peterson, John Lupton, Mary Jackson, Morgan Paull, Charles Bateman, Kim Richards, Tom Pace, Fred Holliday, Robert Patten, Kirby Furlong, Cliff Emmich, Paul Hahn, George Sawaya, Thomas J. Gilleran

UNLAWFUL FLIGHT TO AVOID CONFINEMENT, ATTEMPTED MURDER

It’s an average and corny hired-killer drama and the sole Christmas episode of the entire run that highlights an odd couple: a lost hood (Don Gordon) and a lonely nextdoor neighbor (Sondra Locke) living with her old mother. Moreover, the character of Don Gordon is invited to spend Christmas in the apartment of his neighbor and ends up in the house of his contract (John Lupton) surrounded by his family. The only good scene is watching agent Tom Colby removing the two kids from the bedroom. The helicopter is back but briefly! Actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr has the new haircut. The script is penned by associate producer Robert Heverly. The cast of the mob men consists of Don Gordon as the hitman, Eugene Peterson as the big boss, Tom Pace as the enforcer.

QM actors notes: Don Gordon guests in some QM series like The Untouchables (4), The Fugitive, 12 O’Clock High (2), The FBI (6), The Invaders, Cannon (2), The Streets of San Francisco (2), Barnaby Jones.

Returning guest actors: Don Gordon (the season 5 “Tug-of-War”), Marianne McAndrew (the season 7 “The Mastermind”), John Lupton (the season 2 “The Conspirators”), Mary Jackson (the season 6 “Escape to Terror”), Morgan Paull (the season 6 “The Natural”), Charles Bateman (the season 6 “The Natural”), Fred Holliday (the season 6 “The Architect”), Robert Patten (the season 7 “The Set-Up”), Paul Hahn (the season 7 “The Minerva Tapes”), George Sawaya (the season 7 “A Second Life”).

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Pictures of mastermind criminal Elias Devon (actor William Windom).
John, nice screen caps of William Windom, certainly one of our favorite QM guest stars! Good episode too, Windom seemed to elevate most things he was in.
Episode #14
“The Outcast”
written by Arthur Dales
guests: Michael Callan, Katherine Justice, John Larch, Richard Evans, Alex Rocco, Val Avery, Russell Thorson, Jan Merlin, Naomi Stevens, Richard Karlan, John Davey, John Kroger, Bill Cort, Jay Jones, Bob Westmoreland, Brett Hadley, Mark Thomas

THEFT FROM INTERSTATE SHIPMENT, INTERSTATE TRANSPORTATION OF STOLEN MOTOR VEHICLE

It’s a good and personal Syndicate and a gang of thieves entry but with an intimate leaning from an odd couple running away from the milieu. Actress Katherine Justice never look better and very fit. The main novelty is that a Syndicate member is refused his wedding because his girlfriend is not in the standards of the mob. Virgil W. Vogel uses some fish eye lens shots. Actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr has the new haircut. Find the return of the epilogue at the office of Erskine with the criminal dressed in blue. The cast of the thieves is very good: John Larch as the big boss and collector of vintage cars, Michael Callan as the executive leader
I agree John. Lovely green-eyed redhead Katherine Justice was a very good actress too, and she thankfully shows up in several FBI episodes and most all other QM series too. She has a showcase role in The FBI season 5, and the first thing I can recall seeing her in was the original 1968 pilot telefilm for Columbo. She certainly had an athletic and toned beauty about her. Always welcome in my book.
"Overload" is a superb episode from season 3, I watched it last night on the DVD. Good story and a little more suspenseful than usual for an FBI episode. This type of story would also have worked well as an episode of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour.
I agree Lee! Season three (1967-68) of The FBI seems to have more than it's fair share of great episodes. I think it might be my favorite single season of the series. Just check out disc 3 of part one...Line of Fire/Blueprint for Betrayal/False Witness/The Legend of John Rim...one great episode after another on just that one disc!
On the season 3 DVD, I have noticed that Part 2 of the episode "By Force And Violence" includes "The FBI in color" bumper at the beginning, and also includes "The Ford Motor Company" sponsor mention during the opening credits.
Thanks for mentioning that Lee! I know WB did it for syndication versatility, but man, oh man, I really regret Warner Brothers excising almost all announcer sponsor voiceovers, commercial bumpers (both coming and going from), FBI BOLO Most Wanted Top Ten PSA (some hosted by Efrem)...while all of the MGM TV series that WB owns and that WAC has released on DVD, Eleventh Hour, Sam Benedict and Mr. Novak, all retain their commercial bumper title cards and music. I also have A Man Called Shenandoah, but I can't remember if that MGM show retains the bumpers, I'll have to re-check...Of the WB created shows on DVD, the only WAC release retaining bumpers is for some reason, Bronco season one...and some episodes in that set also feature a promo for next week's alternating Sugarfoot episode!

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
John, nice screen caps of William Windom, certainly one of our favorite QM guest stars! Good episode too, Windom seemed to elevate most things he was in.

More to come next week with one of the recurring guests on The FBI that I mentioned many times in the Actors Tributes thread.

I agree John. Lovely green-eyed redhead Katherine Justice was a very good actress too, and she thankfully shows up in several FBI episodes and most all other QM series too. She has a showcase role in The FBI season 5, and the first thing I can recall seeing her in was the original 1968 pilot telefilm for Columbo. She certainly had an athletic and toned beauty about her. Always welcome in my book.

Not only I remembered her in that fine Columbo telefilm but I first associated her in the best season 1 episode of The Invaders entitled “The Innocent”, directed by the great Sutton Roley!

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #16

“The Rap Taker”
written by Dick Nelson
guests: Robert Drivas, Brooke Bundy, Stephen McNally, Scott Marlowe, Milt Kamen,
Anthony Caruso, William Gray Espy, Carol Vogel, Clark Howat, Jason Johnson, Tom Hallick, Dani Nolan

EXTORTIONATE CREDIT TRANSACTIONS, ASSAULTING A FEDERAL OFFICER

It’s an interesting and interwoven loan shark organization episode that includes the following elements: a gangster family drama, a female eyewitness (the lovely Carol Vogel) to a night mugging, a patsy-replacement convict, an impulsive son of a big boss saved by his father in order to avoid any information leaks. Robert Drivas wears the same tweed jacket as Richard Evans in “The Outcast”. Actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr has the new haircut. The cast of the gangster members is good: Robert Drivas as the impulsive son of the big boss, Stephen McNally as the father and the big boss of a loan shark organization, Anthony Caruso as a Syndicate representative, Scott Marlowe as the friend of the big boss’ son and the patsy, Brooke Bundy as the wife of the patsy.

QM actors notes: Robert Drivas guests in some QM series like The Fugitive (2), 12 O’Clock High (2), The FBI (7), Cannon, The Streets of San Francisco (2). The same year, Scott Marlowe appears in the season 1 episode “Bitter Wine” from The Streets of San Francisco in which he plays the flip side of this FBI part: just replace Scott Marlowe by Paul Michael Glaser.

Returning guest actors: Robert Drivas (the season 7 “The Corruptor”), Brooke Bundy (the season 5 “Boomerang”), Scott Marlowe (the season 7 “The Mastermind”), Milt Kamen (the season 7 “The Deadly Species”), Anthony Caruso (the season 5 “Return to Power”), Jason Johnson (the season 1 “The Chameleon”), Dani Nolan (the season 7 “A Second Life”).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
¶​
¶ Next on The F.B.I. season 8, the reviews of the fifth disc and starting on Monday 6!​
¶ Get your ID and be ready!​
¶​
fbi8_d05.jpg

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #17

“A Gathering of Sharks”
written by Mark Weingart
directed by Earl Bellamy
guests: David Hedison, Jill Haworth, Ford Rainey, Anna Lee, Quinn Redeker, Joe Di Reda, Buck Young, David Brandon, Jessica Walter

INTERSTATE TRANSPORTATION OF STOLEN PROPERTY

It’s a real good and falsely-basic inside job/thief/extortion entry in which we dive into the upper society and we witness the actions of a ladies’ man that is split between two women (Jill Haworth, Jessica Walter) at his own risk. Inspector Lewis Erskine goes undercover and poses as widower and golf player Everett Halliday, friend of the robbed millionaire and goes controling the stolen item with a mask on his face as in previous undercover episodes like the season 4 “The Intermediary” and the season 6 “Center of Peril”. Special agent Tom Colby poses as a golfer at the country club and a fisherman at the harbor. One recurring dumb golfer keeps on bothering the leading characters (Lewis Erskine and the go between) and one intruder tries to steal the cash-filled briefcase of Erskine. Actor David Hedison is known for his part in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Features many echoplexed cues by Duane Tatro and from the season 6 “Incident in the Desert” and the season 8 “End of a Nightmare”. The cast of the couple criminals is good: David Hedison as the leader-ladies’man-thief and Jessica Walter as the tricky go between.

QM actors notes: David Hedison guests in some QM series like The FBI (2), Cannon (3), Barnaby Jones, The Manhunter.

Returning guest actors: David Hedison (the season 7 “The Buyer”), Jill Haworth (the season 1 “To Free My Enemy”), Ford Rainey (the season 6 “The Architect”), Quinn Redeker (the season 7 “The Set-Up”), Joe Di Reda (the season 4 “The Runaways”), Buck Young (the season 8 “Canyon of No Return”), David Brandon (the season 7 “The Minerva Tapes”), Jessica Walter (the season 7 “The Recruiter”).

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
I watched the Season 1 episode "The Babysitter" yesterday, featuring Colleen Dewhurst as a disturbed woman who kidnapped a baby. This was my favorite scene, with Dewhurst and Collin Wilcox.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I watched the Season 1 episode "The Babysitter" yesterday, featuring Colleen Dewhurst as a disturbed woman who kidnapped a baby. This was my favorite scene, with Dewhurst and Collin Wilcox.

View attachment 178300

The music editor recycles a frantic cue from Dominic Frontiere’s “The Forms of Things Unknown” from The Outer Limits when the crazy woman removes the wig of her sister.
That scene plays like Robert Aldrich’s What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
I see that Dominic Frontiere is credited as the conductor of the season 1 scores.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #18

“The Disinherited”
written by Robert Heverly
guests: Martin Sheen, Regis J. Cordic, Jerry Douglas, Gary Dubin, Jimmy Hayes, John McLiam, G.J. Mitchell, Adriane Rogers, Abigail Shelton, Tom Stewart, Norman Stuart, Dan Tobin, Paul Todd, Heidi Vaughn

EXTORTION, ASSAULTING A FEDERAL OFFICER

It’s a good working class family drama combined with a social revenge sub text disguised as an extortion case that is highlit by the inspired performance of Martin Sheen as the odd sniper with a Mexican bracelet who abducts a lonely secretary (Heidi Vaughn) and targets mining corporation directors in order to avenge his poor and proud disabled father living in a house trailer. As in his previous season 7 part (“A Second Life”), Sheen is drawn by a third party. The only drawback of this good narrative is the outcome at the office of the company director. Inspector Erskine goes undercover and replaces mining director Merle Carroll as a bag man. The episode starts with the shooting of a federal agent (Jerry Douglas) in a plant. The script is penned by associate producer Robert Heverly.

QM actors notes: Martin Sheen guests in some QM series like The FBI (4), Dan August, Cannon (3), The Streets of San Francisco. This is the last part of Martin Sheen for the series.

Returning guest actors: Martin Sheen (the season 7 “A Second Life”), Regis J. Cordic (the season 6 “Incident in the Desert”), Jerry Douglas (the season 6 “The Target”), Jimmy Hayes (the season 7 “End of a Hero”), John McLiam (the season 2 “The Conspirators”), Tom Stewart (the season 6 “Turnabout”), Paul Todd (the season 7 “The Deadly Gift”).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #19

“Desperate Journey”
written by Calvin Clements
directed by Earl Bellamy
guests: Vic Morrow, Burr DeBenning, Sandra Smith, Valentin de Vargas, William Bryant, Eddie Firestone, Priscilla Garcia, Len Wayland, Forrest Compton, Maggie Malooly, Ed Fury, Rance Howard

MURDER OF A FEDERAL OFFICER, BANK ROBBERY, TEN MOST WANTED FUGITIVE

It’s a slow-moving and predictable errand with a prisoner, catastrophe/plane, survival entry in which Erskine goes hunting his prisoner in the countryside. The main interest lies in the sarcastic performance of Vic Morrow as the malevolent long hair criminal. After the crash of the plane, agent Tom Colby discovers that he fires a bullet through his leg by accident. The cast of the criminals is good: Vic Morrow as the wanted fugitive, Burr DeBenning as the brother who wears a black-leathered denim, Maggie Malooly as the girlfriend of the brother, William Bryant as the helicopter pilot: Bryant plays again a pilot as in the previous season 7 “End of a Hero”.

QM actors notes: Vic Morrow guests in some QM series like The Untouchables (2), The FBI (2), Dan August, The Streets of San Francisco.

Returning guest actors: Vic Morrow (the season 6 “Center of Peril”), Burr DeBenning (the season 7 “The Set-Up”), Sandra Smith (the season 5 “Deadly Reunion”), Valentin de Vargas (the season 4 “The Catalyst”), William Bryant (the season 7 “End of a Hero”), Len Wayland (the season 8 “The Wizard”), Forrest Compton (the season 6 “The Hitchhiker”).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #20

“The Double Play”
written by Ed Waters
directed by Seymour Robbie
guests: Stuart Whitman, Robert Foxworth, Tim McIntire, Mariette Hartley, David Lewis, Robert Emhardt, William Bramley, Erica Hagen, Joel Lawrence, Jim Raymond, Biff Elliott, Morgan Jones, Shirley O’Hara, Char Fontaine, Matthew Knox, Dan Barton, Glen Wilder

INSTATE TRANSPORTATION OF STOLEN PROPERTY

It’s a fun and lighthearted con artist entry and the core of the episode is to trap a long hair millionaire country music record producer (Tim McIntire) and owner of the Ogden Music Corporation. The main interest is not the con itself but the duo of con artists: phlegmatic Whitman and eccentric Foxworth. This one has a very strong Seventies flavor especially at the recording studio. Stuart Whitman plays again a ladies’ man as in his previous FBI episodes. All the hired ladies are swindled. The cast of the crooks is very good: Stuart Whitman as the dandy leader, Robert Foxworth as the laid-back second and the hired women hunter, Erica Hagen as the bait #1, Mariette Hartley as the bait #2, William Bramley as the fence.

QM actors notes: Stuart Whitman guests in some QM series like The FBI (3), Cannon, The Streets of San Francisco, Caribe, Most Wanted. Stuart Whitman and Mariette Hartley play together twice on The FBI. The same year, Stuart Whitman appears in the season 1 episode “The Set-Up” from The Streets of San Francisco. The same year, Robert Foxworth appears in the season 1 episode “In the Midst of Strangers” from The Streets of San Francisco.

Returning guest actors: Stuart Whitman (the season 7 “The Watch-Dog”), Robert Foxworth (the season 7 “The Test”), Tim McIntire (the season 7 “Recurring Nightmare”), Mariette Hartley (the season 6 “The Impersonator”), Robert Emhardt (the season 7 “The Mastermind”), William Bramley (the season 7 “The Game of Terror”), Joel Lawrence (the season 8 “Edge of Desperation”), Jim Raymond (the season 7 “Arrangement with Terror”), Morgan Jones (the season 6 “Downfall”), Shirley O’Hara (the season 6 “Incident in the Desert”), Matthew Knox (the season 6 “The Condemned”), Dan Barton (the season 6 “The Stalking Horse”), Glen Wilder (the season 8 “Edge of Desperation”).

The FBI | The Double Play | The Record Producer Party Scene

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #21

“The Wedding Gift”
written by Dick Nelson
directed by Arnold Laven
guests: Penny Fuller, William Benedict, William Cort, Jack Edwards, John Ericson, James Gammon, Seamon Glass, Don Keefer, Dewey Martin, Erin Moran, Milton Selzer, Bill Vint, Wallace Earle

BANK ROBBERY

It’s an unusual and good family drama about a working careerist mother/widower and her disappointed little girl encountering a new man disguised as a criminal case but with a shocking twist. As in her previous season 7 episode (“The Deadly Species”), Penny Fuller plays again a female gangster with a sad family issue. Special Agent Tom Colby goes undercover and poses as a hood to get a job and orders a blue delta special at a cheap bar. The cast of the criminals is good: Penny Fuller as the mastermind and club owner, Dewey Martin as the leading robber, Bill Vint as the wounded henchman, Milton Selzer as the book keeper and recruiter. The cast of the two-timers consists of John Ericson as the phony providential lover, James Gammon as the cheap hood confederate.

QM actors notes: Penny Fuller guests in some QM series like The FBI (3), Barnaby Jones (2).

Returning guest actors: Penny Fuller (the season 7 “The Deadly Species”), William Cort (the season 8 “The Outcast”), John Ericson (the season 3 “The Phone Call”), James Gammon (the season 6 “Turnabout”), Don Keefer (the season 6 “Three-Way Split”), Erin Moran (the season 5 “Deadfall”), Milton Selzer (the season 3 “The Ninth Man”), Bill Vint (the season 6 “Death Watch”).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
¶​
¶ Next on The F.B.I. season 8, the reviews of the sixth disc and starting on Monday 13!​
¶ Get your ID and be ready!​
¶​
fbi8_d06.jpg

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
THE FBI SEASON 8

Episode #22

“The Detonator”
written by Calvin Clements
directed by Semour Robbie
guests: Richard Jordan, Steven Benedict, Lorie Busk, Robert Cleaves, John Considine, Sarah Fankboner, Richard Hale, Meredith MacRae, Adrienne Marden, Frank Marth, William Meigs, Tim O’Connor, Roger Perry, John Qualen, Barry Russo, Anne Seymour, Grayce Spence

CRIME ON A GOVERNMENT RESERVATION, ATTEMPTED MURDER

It’s an engaging obsessed hired-killer specialized in explosives entry that relies on the shoulder of actor Richard Jordan as the eccentric mechanic who opens walnuts with his teeth and who refuses cold to give up his failed assignment (Roger Perry). As in the season 7 “The Mastermind” with actor Clu Gulager, one criminal hand (Richard Jordan) dressed as a blue collar (here, as an electrician for Muller’s Electrical) enters the home of his target. But underneath, it’s a Syndicate episode with an avenging ex-con working (Tim O’Connor) as a businessman forced to follow orders from the upper echelons. The music editor uses the echoplexed saxophone cue and a waterphone cue from Duane Tatro’s “End of a Nightmare” for the killer character. As in the outcome of the season 6 “Time Bomb”, Erskine and Colby must neutralize a bomb. The cast of the criminals is good: Tim O’Connor as the abrasive avenging businessman, Barry Russo as the Syndicate representative, Richard Jordan as the aloof mechanic working as an electrician, Frank Marth as the cheap recruiter of the mechanic.

QM actors notes: Tim O’Connor guests in some QM productions like 12 O’Clock High, The Fugitive (3), The FBI (6), Dan August, Incident in San Francisco, Cannon (4), The Streets of San Francisco (4), Banyon, Barnaby Jones (5), The Manhunter (2), Tales of the Unexpected. The same year along with Alex Rocco, Richard Jordan stars as a cop in the iconic Neo Noir feature film: Peter Yates’ The Friends of Eddie Coyle.

Returning guest actors: John Considine (the season 8 “Edge of Desperation”), Richard Hale (the season 7 “Supersition Rock”), Adrienne Marden (the season 1 “The Hijackers”), Frank Marth (the season 7 “The Set-Up”), William Meigs (the season 6 “The Target”), Tim O’Connor (the season 7 “The Buyer”), Roger Perry (the season 7 “Arrangement with Terror”), Barry Russo (the season 7 “The Recruiter”).

Dave Grusin - The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks