What's new

Projection problem (1 Viewer)

Jaccoram

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson
I've been using the same projector for about two years now for videos and such. A blue discoloration started appearing about 2 weeks ago. It seems to change every time I turn it on. It started out more wide and shallow across the top of the screen. Now it is more narrow and extends farther toward the center of the screen.

Jaccoram

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson
No gaming. Just some light TV viewing and movies. I have a tv at home that is on the same channel often and so certain logos have been burned into the screen. If that's what you might be suggesting, my current issue isn't that. The discoloration is a freeform blob of blue tint for lack of a better description.

Jaccoram

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson
I've attached a photo of the issue. The discoloration can be seen over the face on the screen.

Jaccoram

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson
I've attached a photo of the issue. The discoloration can be seen over the face on the screen.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 52

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Typically, blue issues with LCD projectors mean it is headed for the garbage bin. Especially when it is a 8-10 year old projector(as in when it was new...not when it was unboxed).

Jaccoram

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson
Do you know what might be a comparable model, as far as features and capabilities, released in the last 2 years would be? Or maybe even a new model?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The recent models won't be comparable. They are MUCH better for less money.What is your budget?Do you want LCD, LCos or DLP?What is your throw distance and screen size?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Like what Jim said...Even a used 2-3yo projector is leaps and bounds better.A new 1080P projector(with a manufacturer start date no more than 2 years ago) that is even a lowly model(such as the Epson 8350, which isn't even the lowliest) will perform better and have features unheard of even 5 years ago.And if you have a $2500-$5000 budget there are D-ILA/LCoS that blow away $10,000 projectors from 5 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks