What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Problems with "Route 66 Season Three" (1 Viewer)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Be prepared. I went to Best Buy today to return my set. Naturally the people at customer service knew nothing about the recall. Fortunately I brought the Infinity press release on the recall with me. After she read it there was no problem getting the refund. She even thanked me for bringing in the press release -- I told her to keep it in case this comes up again. She said she would show it to the manager.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I returned my set last week. I was expecting problems from BB but to my surprise there were none. They were aware of the problem and they gave me a cash refund without a fuss. I paid with my debit card and they usually want to refund the card. That would have been fine but cash works well too. Now when will the new sets be back in the store?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic

Excellent review by Paul Mavis on Season 3, Volume 1. He may post it as a separate thread, but it belongs here for anyone who is considering buying Season 3, as well.

www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/37958/route-66-season-three-volume-one/

What he doesn't reveal, though, is that Maharis does not return for the second volume in Season 3. And the series suffers considerably for the loss of that chemistry with Milner. But for the 16 episodes here, the great writing, chemistry and guest appearances roll on.
Actually, before returning my copy, I was able to get the first episode of Volume 2, to play on my DVD player, and Maharis is in this episode, but I think it is the last Route 66 episode he ever appears in.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Richard V

Actually, before returning my copy, I was able to get the first episode of Volume 2, to play on my DVD player, and Maharis is in this episode, but I think it is the last Route 66 episode he ever appears in.
Having been burned by both volumes of season 1 (and then buying the whole season 1 as a replacement), I decided to cut my losses and just buy S3V1 from Deep Discount (currently $14.09 in their sale), skipping the Glenn Corbett episodes...

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Originally Posted by Guy Foulard

Having been burned by both volumes of season 1 (and then buying the whole season 1 as a replacement), I decided to cut my losses and just buy S3V1 from Deep Discount (currently $14.09 in their sale), skipping the Glenn Corbett episodes...
Certainly a reasonable option. I'll probably go that ... route, too.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Anyone with any news about when the corrected Sets will be released back to Best Buy?

Charles H

Screenwriter
Does anyone know how Critics Choice will be handling this? Since they have the address and proof of purchase, the simple way would be to mail the S3V2 directly to the consumer.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
S3V2 is still showing a 10/20/09 release at DeepDiscount and the Critic's Choice site has removed the Complete Season 3 set from their site.

If you have purchased the defective Route 66 Complete Season 3 from Critic's Choice, their defective item standard return policy is in effect. They will pay return postage on defective items. This is listed at CC's site.

Call 1-800-993-6357 and ask them to send you a "pre-paid merchandise return label". They will credit your credit card when they receive the defective set.

You'll have to reorder when the corrected set is released. If you ordered it during their 25% off sale tell them about it when you phone CC for the return label. They should honor the sale price for you. So maybe you can preorder the corrected set now through customer service.

I was about to order the Complete S3 set when the news broke about the unplayable discs so I didn't get it. So, Charles, let us know how it goes if you call CC's customer service.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Deep Discount has Route 66 Season 3 listed as "In Stock" for 34.98. For what it's worth.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcart.htm

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Originally Posted by Richard V

Deep Discount has Route 66 Season 3 listed as "In Stock" for 34.98. For what it's worth.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcart.htm
And there's no future release date, which implies it's available for shipping. I had to send my Critics Choice copy of Season 3 back. This is $5 cheaper, so if I can get confirmation the problems have been fixed, I'd order here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks