What's new

Problem with the new "Jack Benny Program" DVD set... (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Kevin Segura was complaining about the image quality of this set on Amazon before it was even released. He does restorations of old TV programs and seems to think he can do better than the people who did them on this set. I take it all with a grain of salt. I think he's trying to smear the great work of the UCLA Film and Television Archive myself.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well he turned out to be right because yes, there were episodes that clearly weren't done properly.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
This set is supposed to include the episode of January 29, 1963 with Dick Van Dyke as the guest star.

This episode isn't listed on any Internet sites that have Episode Guides to "The Jack Benny Program."

I checked the IMDB, Wikipedia, TV.com CTVA.com -- they all jump from January 22, 1963 to February 5, 1963.

Does anyone know why? Was this episode scheduled for that night, then pre-empted for late breaking news, or something, and never shown? (The most major event of the day was the death of Robert Frost -- in those days, that very well could have received network coverage. THESE days? They think class acts like Justin Bieber and Lindsay Lohan are much more important.)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Joe Lugoff said:
This set is supposed to include the episode of January 29, 1963 with Dick Van Dyke as the guest star.

This episode isn't listed on any Internet sites that have Episode Guides to "The Jack Benny Program."

I checked the IMDB, Wikipedia, TV.com CTVA.com -- they all jump from January 22, 1963 to February 5, 1963.

Does anyone know why? Was this episode scheduled for that night, then pre-empted for late breaking news, or something, and never shown? (The most major event of the day was the death of Robert Frost -- in those days, that very well could have received network coverage. THESE days? They think class acts like Justin Bieber and Lindsay Lohan are much more important.)
As the show was not fully syndicated, IMDB has largely been incomplete. If you want the full scoop, check out volume 3 of Laura Leff's tome: http://www.jackbenny.org/ (see Buy Benny - Books)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks