What's new

Problem with my DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Clark Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Samsung single DVD player (DVD-M301). I bought it about 5 years ago. Up until tonight, it has played DVD flawlessly. Tonight, I pop in a DVD and hit play. Randomly, every few secs it stops the movie then starts it again (almost like it paused it). I never lose the video, it just pauses and the starts again from where it stopped. Nothing comes on the screen or DVD player to show a problem.

At first, I thought it was the DVD. I removed and cleaned the DVD...problem still happening. I put in a brand new DVD that I bought and watched once a few months ago...problem still happening.

I opened the DVD door and used my compressed air. I also used one of those DVD cleaners (furry sticker) that wipes the eye. Problem is still happening. Anyone have any ideas?

Clark Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
I used a swab and some denatured alcohol and cleaned the lens. Oddly, the q-tip came out with some red on it. ???

Works fine now. What could that red be?

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator
It could be some gunk that got stuck on from general use that was too hard to take off with the DVD cleaner disc thing. That would be my guess.
And to answer what it could be, I honestly wouldn't know. Hopefully you won't need to buy a new DVD player.
I think Clark's idea of the q-tip is your best bet for right now and have it taken in to some kind of repair shop if the problem still happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks