What's new

Pro amps and Fan noise Questions (1 Viewer)

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
I own a BGW 750c proamp which uses a 120mm x 120mm 110 volt fan to cool. I would like to know what fan your current proamp or amp uses for a fan (size and power) and if you at all find them noisey????. Generally 110v 120mm fans generate 46 ish db IMO way to loud for quiet passages in HT movies when the amp is in the same room.I'm pretty sure the new pro amps use a 12 volt fan half the cfm and half the db of mine which should be perfect for home use. I mean we dont run are proamps like there designed to be run all day long in a closest or stage for hrs and hrs at a time.
Also if You know of a 110v 120mm fan that produces less then 30db please tell me. Otherwise Im doing a 12volt mod to it as soon as i find out what other amps use by using a 12 volt adapter and a vantec stealth fan 120mm 26db

Please respond if yer reading this
Thanks all....

:D

AndrewKC

Agent
I don't think you're going to find anything quieter (that's reasonably priced) than the Vantec/AC adaptor combo. I use low speed panaflo fans at 7.5V to cool my system, they're great. Keep in mind the Vantec pushes only something like 53-54 cu ft/min versus 80-90+ for the loud fans. You probably don't have anything to worry about, unless your amp is like a furnace.

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
It is a older amp using the t-03 metal body output transistors 12 per channel 24 in total all mounted on a very large heat sink. My house is also got A/C.
Any thoughts??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks