What's new

FS: Yamaha RX-V2400, Crown pro amps, Gainclone amp (1 Viewer)

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I'll leave these up for a week or so before moving them to eBay if they haven't been sold...

Yamaha RX-V2400 5.1 Home Theater Receiver

$350 + shipping (was $1000 when new). 120Wx7, THX Select certified. About 3 years old, and in great shape with no problems whatsoever. I have an Emotiva pre-amp + amp in one system and a Pioneer Elite receiver in the other, so I no longer am using the Yamaha. This has the usual assortment of digital inputs (coax & optical), multi-channel input, component video inputs, adjustable bass management, auto room EQ, etc. More info on the specific feature set can be found here. I'll include the remote, microphone, power cable, and original box & packing materials.

Crown XLS202D pro amplifier

$175 + shipping. 200Wx2 @ 8ohms or 300Wx2 @ 4 ohms or 600Wx1 bridged @ 8 ohms. These are marketed as pro amps for use in recording studios or live events, but have been suggested as good choices for home theater amps. The earlier series had loud fans that needed to be swapped for home use. But the newer 'D' series -- of which this is one -- has a fan speed controller to bring the fan volume to reasonable levels. More information can be found here I'll include the power cable and original box & packaging materials.

Crown XLS602B pro amplifier

$250 + shipping. 370Wx2 @ 8 ohms or 600Wx2 @ 4 ohms or 1200x1 bridged @ 8 ohms or 1680Wx1 bridged @ 4 ohms
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
. As with the XLS202D described above, this was marketed as a studio/live event amp, but is considered a good amp for home stereo or subwoofer use. You'll probably want to swap in quieter 80mm fans unless you intend to place the amp in a closet or closed cabinet. There are some light scratches on the top rear of the amp (visible in the third photo below). Again, I'll include the power cable and original box & packaging materials.

Payment:
I'll accept payment via PayPal or money order.

Trades:
None at this time.

Feedback links:
Heatware
Beerology
eBay

Please email me or send me a PM if you're interested in any of these items. Thanks.

Sold Items:

40W/ch Digital "Gainclone" DIY amp

$80 + shipping (!!!SODL!!!). 40W/ch digital amp built by well-known gainclone builder Tim Rawson. I bought this from the prevous owner at the Head-Fi forums earlier this year and have used it for a while to power my AV123 Strata Minis. It's a quite nice amp and performs well, but don't expect high-end 'looks' (it looks okay, but is a bit plain). If you'd like photos, email or PM me and I'll try to accomodate.

ticks77

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
eric
im thinking of hooking an amp to my receiver to power my subs one is a true some and the other 2 are tower speakers as in the have two tweeters in the same box as the bass does this work

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott

Well, I don't know what receiver you have or what outputs it has. But if it has a standard set of pre-outs, then you'd connect those to the line-ins on the amp and then set the gain controls on the amp (and/or the channel levels in your receiver's menus) to set calibrate the volume of the channels. This would be true no matter what channels you'd power with the external amp (sub, rear channels, etc).

ticks77

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
eric
i have a yamaha receiver with 5.1 it has one rca sub woofer out put not a pos and neg but just one hole and it has your standard pos and neg wire hookups

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
You can use a RCA splitter cable with your sub out to feed the sub signal to both input channels of the Crown amp. Then use one of the channels to power sub # 1, and the other channel to power sub # 2 (assuming you actually have a second sub -- I'm not sure of that from your earlier posts).

If you don't actually have a second sub and are trying to use two tower speakers for bass reinforcement, I suppose you could wire both speakers to the second output of the Crown amp -- it should be able to handle the load, but I don't know the proper wiring to do that (serial vs parallel, etc). Someone else would have to assist with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks