What's new

International Pre-Order Powerhouse Films Press Release: The Criminal Acts of Tod Slaughter: Eight Blood-and-Thunder Entertainments, 1935-1940 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
375_TOD_SLAUGHTER_slipcase_72dpi_1000px_1296x.jpeg

MARIA MARTEN, OR THE MURDER IN THE RED BARN (Milton Rosmer, 1935)
SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET (George King, 1936)
THE CRIMES OF STEPHEN HAWKE (George King, 1936)
IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO MEND (David MacDonald, 1937)
THE TICKET OF LEAVE MAN (George King, 1937)
SEXTON BLAKE AND THE HOODED TERROR (George King, 1938)
THE FACE AT THE WINDOW (George King, 1939)
CRIMES AT THE DARK HOUSE (George King, 1940)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

jbirdp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Pascucci
I’ve never seen a Tod Slaughter film though I’m familiar with him as a sort of bargain Boris Karloff. I’d most like to see Sweeney Todd.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I’ve never seen a Tod Slaughter film though I’m familiar with him as a sort of bargain Boris Karloff. I’d most like to see Sweeney Todd.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!
I hear you Jay, I have seen a couple of these titles listed, and the "Karloff lable". but really Slaughter is his own guy. Unlike many UK actors, Tod chose to stay in the UK and mine those fields at various studios, rather than seeking the gold in Hollywood. While there might be some slight simulates, again Tods' creations are uique to him alone.
This is a nice collection and well worth looking into, for all those that love the genre and for those that enjoy the mustache twisting heavy, you're right where you need to be!!

jbirdp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay Pascucci
I hear you Jay, I have seen a couple of these titles listed, and the "Karloff lable". but really Slaughter is his own guy. Unlike many UK actors, Tod chose to stay in the UK and mine those fields at various studios, rather than seeking the gold in Hollywood. While there might be some slight simulates, again Tods' creations are uique to him alone.
This is a nice collection and well worth looking into, for all those that love the genre and for those that enjoy the mustache twisting heavy, you're right where you need to be!!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I’m in on this. I’ve heard of Tod Slaughter, but have never seen him in a film. I did a little more research and found that these films are right up my alley. I am impressed with the extras also.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Press blurb is slightly incorrect as Face at the Window is already out on region A Bluray, so not a world premier. Ive ordered the set (and the bio). I assume licensing issues prevented them from adding his final two films - Curse of The Wraydons/Greed of William Hart. Maybe a double bill release next year with the Inspector Morley shorts (or are they tv episodes).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks