What's new

Portable Evaporative Swamp Coolers (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Second Unit
Okay, this is basically a AC unit that is portable-free standing (no window) and no vent attachment to theoutside. My question is how good are these things? has anyone here have any experience with one of these? I have aroom in my basement that this would be ideal-I am running a dehumidifier now (wich workd well) but heats the room up some from its fan. I've been looking around my area but so far only Kmart seems to carry one of the units. Thanks
Tim

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The main issue I've heard is the increased humidity from it...so you'll probably have to run it and the existing dehumidifier to balance out.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
an evaporative cooler will not work if you have high humidity (which I am sure you do in your basement).

If you run that and a dehumidifier, all you will do is raise the temperature and humidity levels in your basement.

I have a floor unit in my basement. It uses a water tank to cool the freon. This evaporates the water. The waste heat and water is then vented outside using a dryer hose. It works very well, but you have to have the exhaust vent.

Tim L

Second Unit
Thanks for the advice-if it raises humidity levels then I will get some good fans for now-thanks again
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks