What's new

Popcorn and salt... (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You don't? Spaghetti with butter and parmesan is quite tasty (though my wife doesn't agree)

Orzo with a mixture of two or more of these is also good: butter, cream, parmesan, mozarella.

And like Dave said: how'd you unearth this after five years just to ask about butter on pasta? has it been bugging you all this time?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Actually the new Cuisinart popcorn poppers are great!

You pop the corn as shown and the steam (which makes it normally tough) escapes out the many vents in the top. A lid is snapped on when you invert the basket for eating. The heating surface is teflon so all you need add is a small amount of oil.

Butter and garlic powder on pasta? Yuch. :frowning:

Better to brown some fresh garlic in olive oil and then add in some sour cream right before tossing the al dente pasta in. Molto bene!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ha, I have attained popcorn enlightenment, spritz the popcorn with some water and salt and voila, salt on popcorn...

Although I no longer have access to the air popper anymore so I am currently buying microwave popcorn and using that...

As far as butter on pasta, I've heard of it before and I have done that in a pinch when I'm out of spaghetti sauce... Not a lot but a little bit of butter and cheese tastes good too..

jay

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Heh, I was just rereading my movie theatre popcorn thread from earlier this year yesterday...

I work at a theatre but have given up the delicious popcorn and am too looking for the best (and healthiest) way to get a similar product at home.

I have an air popper and do the kettle thing, but it's not the same. I use spray butter but alas, that is not the same either. I want delicious, non-soggy buttery popcorn that tastes good.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Put a little butter in the water you boil your noodles in to keep them from sticking to the pot and clumping together.

I wonder if anyone's ever tried popcorn and salsa?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
You know what they say... You can't have your sauce and eat it too. ;-)

My wife taught me to use butter in the noodles when we were dating. It does work and there's no adverse effect of the sauce sliding off the noodles.

You can also rim the inside of a saucepan with butter to keep the contents from boiling over.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well, everybody has already mentioned the spray stuff. Exactly!

They make powdered cheese that I like a lot.

That newfangled microwave stuff is for sissies!! The best corn is popped stovetop in a pot using oil. Now, salt'll stick to that!! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks