What's new

polk vs. axiom (1 Viewer)

VinceB

Auditioning
I currently have RT1000i's for mains and a CS245i center. I'm thinking about going to Axiom M80ti's and an Axiom center. Would this be an upgrade? What i have sounds good but i want better. Could any Axiom M80ti owners comment.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Vinceb,
Before making your final decision you might want to try a CS400 to go along with your RT1000's. I was running a CS175 and bumped up to the CS400 and it really made a big difference in my HT.

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
oooh....I agree.....Although I love Axiom and just ordered 4 speakers from them this week, I auditioned Polk products and the CS400 impressed me greatly. A very beefy center, I just didnt like the Main Speaker price/perofmance ratio as what I ended up purchasing.....The RT1000's & CS400 are a great combo...in fact, I cant imagine getting a smaller center to pair with the RT1000's....A local ABC was "blowing out" the CS400 for $300.00 a few weeks ago, you should be able to get that price or lower.....

Since I have tried many combo's in auditions, as far as centers, the CS400 still made an impression, it was the rest of the Polk line that left me wanting....So if you like the RT1000's, heed Frank and go get a CS400, it will upgrade your soundstage....

VinceB

Auditioning
I agree that the CS400 would be a good upgrade, but wouldn't the M80ti's be an even better upgrade? From what i've read these are true audiophile grade speakers.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Vince,
I've read reviews that stated Bose systems are fantastic, But my ears tell another tale. The Axioms may indeed be a great speaker but the best way to know is to audition them side by side with your current system. It may not be possible for you audition another system in your HT, but trying the CS400 in your home should be a breeze. Most retailers have a pretty good return policy, you might even be able to "borrow" one from your favorite store for a day or two. Hey we all love to upgrade and changing your entire speaker system may be the way to go, but don't you want to make sure that your existing system is really in need of retirement before spendng an arm and a leg for something that you have not had the chance to listen to yet?

VinceB

Auditioning
Frank,
I took your advice and traded up to a CS400i and it does kick butt. The upgrade bug has been squashed...for now...

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Vince,
I'm glad that I was able to help....and since you saved a few bucks you can go out and buy more movies;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks