Please release "Twilight's Last Gleaming" (Warner Bros.?)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Mar 30, 2004.

1. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Cinematographer
    Supporter

Luis
    Finally watched this film over the weekend. My first impression of it was the movie-of-the-week quality I felt it had kind of threw me for a loop. But it wasn't even a good movie-of-the-week, it was more like a low-rent comedy watching these guys take possession of a nuclear missile silo so easily and then making all kinds of inept decisions. All Burt Lancaster was doing was pacing back and forth waiting for something to happen, while Burt Young fiddled his thumb and made funny faces. The scenes in the White House were interesting but other than that I found the film quite unintentionally funny. Hard to believe people waited so long for this to hit home video.

2. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

As the 1973 Lost Horizon musical thread will attest, even bad movies have their cult followers. There are some people who would swoon over a deluxe edition (deleted scenes, surviving cast interviews, director commentary, screen tests etc.) for a DVD of At Long Last Love!

3. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Cinematographer

To each his own, but comparing TWILIGHT'S LAST GLEAMING to LOST HORIZON and AT LONG LAST LOVE is....a stretch.

4. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    Ditto