What's new

Please help, I need full access to my equipment from a remote location. (1 Viewer)

Hi!

I'm using a Yamaha RXV-1000 receiver. It have remote in/out port. I also have plans to buy a Sony CVP333ES CD megachanger.

I want to control both units from a remote room, but not only volume or play and pause, I want to control everything! In other words, I want to have full access to the setup and configuration options of the receiver and the CD player.

How can I port the console display display of both units to display them in a remote console?

Is this possible?

How can I do this?

Best regards

Edil

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
I'm afraid the only way to use the display is if your receiver uses an onscreen display via it's monitor out.

You will have to run a video cable (s video usually) to your display device.

You will also need an infra-red repeater system to control your components.

Sorry, me again!

Ok fisrt thing first, my receiver is not a 1000 it is a RXV-3000. I went to the Yamaha web site and download the standard and extended IR/RS-232 codes.

So I think that I need some kind of device to use them. Please advice here!

I will appretiate all your help

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, I've been using a Radio Shack IR repeater ($59.99 CAD) to control audio from another room, and it has turned out to be a very inexpensive, useful solution...

You should be able to do all you need using the multi-zone video out....

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno, I've tried to stay away from proprietary IR control systems. THey're a pain. Not only that, but if you go to all this trouble to get remot control of your system and you decide you don't want to use Yammie stuff anymore, then you've just wasted your time.

So unless someone has used Yammie's stuff before, then it's pretty much all on you and the manufacturer to figure it all out.

I've gone the way of Zantech products. All that is needed to use this system is a Zantech Emitter block(controls the in and output of the IR), an IR pickup, and a few IR emitters.

It's very easy to use. You simply run a piece of cable(I used Cat-5) from your pickup(which should be placed near the front of your HT) to your emitter block, and then plug in some emitters. Done.

Voila! you now have complete control of your system.

Sam

T H A N K S ! ! !

Ok, I think that I can go the RS IR repeater or the Zantech device way.

I'm checking those right now!

So far, for my remote control setup solution I just need to run an S-video cable from the receiver to the other room to get the receiver's display and the RS repeater or the Zantech device.

GREATE!!!

Now what about the CD megachanger, how can I get the display of the player?.

Again thanks!

Best regards

Edil

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if the CD has an on-screen display as well...you can run it to your receiver and then to your TV. If you mean the front display screen on the changer, than you're SOL. THat's one of the drawbacks to hiding equipment.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale