What's new

Please help ....51"hit s500 vs sony "51"ws550 (1 Viewer)

Adam_mmm

Agent
I have done the research and narrowed it down to these two. Please help me decide which one of these televisions is the better set. I can get both for about 1950.00 usd. I have went back and forth and cannot decide. I know the sony comes with the tuner but my location will not allow me to use it. I also know they both have anti reflective screens yet the sony510(perfect for me) which is about 300 less does not. It will be in a room with a reasonable amount of light so I will feel more comfortable with the anti glare screen. If I choose the hitachi over the sony I would just like a good justification for the choice because of the tuner difference as well as price. However, I think the hitachi may be a better set. Thnks to all who help in this decision making process.

John S

Senior HTF Member
To tuner or not to tuner, ahh that is the question.....

OTA Tuners can be found for around $200 these days...

So I would say it is not that big of a deal one way or the other.

nate n

Stunt Coordinator
Both sony and hitachi have rebates on their tv's with built in tuner. go to sears and price match circuit city's online prices. sears is also giving an instant $100 off rpt and lcd's. I was fortunate enough to be there last saturday when they were also giving an additonal 10% off everything after all discounts and price match. Got a hitachi 65s700 after rebate for $2350. You can get the 57" for about $500 less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks