What's new

Please do not purchase Accidental Spy (1 Viewer)

Richard Waller

Second Unit
There's a region 0 version available from Ritek, but it's Mandarin only with burned-in Chinese and English subtitles. Here's a comparison between it and the Disney disc.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Forgot to mention that the HKVIDEO version of FIST OF LEGEND is PAL.

HKL will be releasing the KILLER hopefully in October. There is an anamorphic HARD BOILED release by TARTAN. It isn't supposed to be that great but I will probably pick it up anyway. I believe HKVIDEO just released HARD BOILED but again, no English subs.

Matt

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Fist of Legend can only be found in OSL(Cantonese) with (bad)English subtitles on VCD from Mei Ah. It's about $4US
Supposedly someone was working on a DVDSubber script for the French disc

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
The recent Entertainment Weekly review makes no mention that the movie is incomplete, cut by 21 minutes and missing the whole original soundtrack.
I suggest we e-mail them and let them know. The movie is being misrepresented to consumers. Consumers NEED to know that the movie they may be thinking of purchasing has been altered.
The address to write to is [email protected]
All correspondence must include your name, address, and daytime phone number.
I already wrote to them. It's not even a matter of whether the movie is good or bad. It's a matter of the original movie being left intact. This is, I believe one of the main things emphasized on this forum, the preservation of the filmmaker's original vision.
Matt

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Are there any uncut good editions of Bullet in the Head yet? Any region? But with at least English subtitles....

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I borrowed The Accidental Spy from the library the other day and enjoyed it, but I will end up buying the R0 DVD.

I like how the American version DVD cover, has nothing to do with the movie.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I heard Columbia cut 20 minutes from Who Am I?. I just wish Miramax/Dimension would stop making cuts to HK movies. I mean I have been staying away from buying Heroic Trio because it is a cut version that is available in the US. I'm still waiting for THE TOUCH to see the light of day in the US (which Miramax requested the ending be reshot for the US release). I wish that Miramax and Dimension would release uncut versions of HK films and make them available with their original soundtracks.

The thing I have liked about SO CLOSE nd DOUBLE VISION DVDs is that you have the option to hear them in their original language tracks (I reviewed both for my site).

If Miramax and Dimension insists on releasing cut versions to HK films, they should give the option of including deleted scenes or even better an option to view the uncut versions with their original soundtracks (with subtitle options). I did like THE MEDALLION DVD from Columbia because it included delted scenes (although I know from listening to the commentary that there is some material they left off like outtakes and I would love to see a special edition with more special features).

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Though I'd like to see Miramax at least offer THE TOUCH on DVD for the curious, I've seen it and it must be said that it's pretty lousy. [The digital effects at the climax are ridiculous and needed changing, but the whole film, while earnestly conceived, is a botch.] They're probably saving consumers a few bucks by withholding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks