What's new

Playing music through headphones and HTS simultaneously (1 Viewer)

Patrick2260

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Marshall
I play drums. I stream music through my laptop and Bluetooth it to my HTS. I want to be able to use my headphones to hear the music while having the music play through my HTS simultaneously w no delays between the headphones and HTS. I plug my headphones directly into my receiver but that shuts down the music through the speakers. How can I get them to play through all of it ? I bought a headphone amp. Was told this would work but I don't know how it would. I can plug my headphones directly into my laptop and play through all of it that way but there's a small delay between the headphones and the Bluetooth of my HTS. Are there any solutions for me ? Thanks for any help.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
If your receiver has preamp outputs for the front L/R channels, or a Zone 2 preamp output, you would connect that to the analog input of the headphone amp (assuming it has one).

Patrick2260

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Marshall
If your receiver has preamp outputs for the front L/R channels, or a Zone 2 preamp output, you would connect that to the analog input of the headphone amp (assuming it has one).
Thanks so much for your reply. I will check it out tomorrow. For some reason my thread was locked down by a moderator. But you got your message through. I will work on this tomorrow. Much appreciated.

Patrick2260

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Marshall
IMG_20230220_103334334.jpg

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Unfortunately, that receiver doesn't have preamp or zone 2 outputs, so my suggestion won't work. The only analog out it has is the headphone jack but as you discovered, it cuts out the speakers.

Patrick2260

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Marshall
Thanks for all the help. I may just make an investment of some sort to make this all work. Maybe a different receiver w a good Bluetooth that won't have a delay in the HTS and the headphones. Unless anyone can think of another idea. If I have to spend a little money it will be worth it.

Patrick2260

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Marshall
Problem solved. This is what I did w the help of a friend's brain....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221-144827-047.png
    Screenshot_20230221-144827-047.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.