What's new

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Speakers Sale (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Mike
Can anyone tell me if there are any current sales on the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR speakers? I know they are sometimes on sale for around $80 but right now the lowest price I can find is $127. Also, which of the following would be my best option:1. Four SP-BS22-LR, a SP-C22 center and a subwoofer (BIC America F12 subwoofer or a Monoprice 12")2. Two SP-FS52-LR , two SP-BS22-LR and a SP-C22 .3. The Energy Take Classic 5.1 speaker system.4. The Monoprice Premium 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Subwoofer -10565.The basement we will be placing the speakers in is "L" shaped and is approximately 12' by 30' in the section we are going to put it in (with a total of approximately 600 total square feet with open doorways into another room approximately another 200 square feet). The ceiling is approximately 7' (drop ceiling). They will be hooked into a Denon AVR-1613 receiver which wiill be connected to a 50" 1080p Panasonic plasma TV (TC-50PS64) and will be connected into DISH (Joey). We will also have a blu-ray player hooked into it and we have a Wii and PS3 that will be hooked into it sometimes. We will be using the receiver mainly for home theater with occasional music (70/30). We are by no means audio/music experts....just want something that sounds good to our untrained ears. Thanks in advance!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Why does option 2 not have a subwoofer?

Option 3 and 4 are the same speakers..Do you want cheap sound? Or do you want cheap sound and cheap looks?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Start with the BIC F12 and work backwards. The Energy Take (and the Monoprice look-a-like) is nice little system but most any bookshelf speaker will out perform them. If you can't find the Pioneer speakers at a decent price consider the Infinity Primus. If you have a Frys near you. Either the Pioneer or the Infinity system, bookshelfs or towers, would be a very nice system for the price.

http://www.frys.com/ads/page5#AdNavi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.