Pioneer DVL-919 DVD and LD Player For Sale!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gregg Loewen, Oct 29, 2001.

1. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi!!
    Im selling this for a friend. It is a combo DVD and LD player, in excellent (awesome) condition. It comes with box, manual, and remote.
    This unit can decode DD and DTS for both DVD and LDs. To have DD on LDs you will need a demodulator (as with all players). The 919 can also be modified (for about $10) to be region free and macrovision free and is an easy to do mod.
    Price is $485 plus your choice of shipping. This unit will ship from CT, and will go out as soon as payment is received.
    PS: if you need a demod I have some Sony SDP800s that are still in their new/ sealed boxes for $150 each. Drop me an email if interested.
    Gregg
    ------------------
    The Sonodome
    The Newest Sonotube
    Gregg's DVDs
    The Family Units

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

How old is this unit? How does it compare to the 909, 700 and 91?

3. Gregg Loewen

Insider

Gregg Loewen
    He has owned it for a little less than 2 years.
    Better than the 700 and the 909, not as good as the 91 (but is it less than half the price too ) [​IMG]
    Gregg
    ------------------
    The Sonodome
    The Newest Sonotube
    Gregg's DVDs
    The Family Units

4. Ned Vogler

Ned Vogler Stunt Coordinator

5. Gregg Loewen

Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi!
    In case anybody is wondering, I made this post to help Ned sell the player (it is his). Please address any questions to Ned.
    We used the player over the weekend and it is in excellent condition.
    Gregg
    ------------------
    The Sonodome
    The Newest Sonotube
    Gregg's DVDs
    The Family Units

6. Ned Vogler

Ned Vogler Stunt Coordinator

FYI -
    The purchase date for my Pioneer DVL-919 combi player is June 1999 which makes it a bit over two years old. I bought it after having my previous DVL-700 for a little over two years. As Gregg stated in his previous post, it is in excellent condition and comes with all the original packaging, literature and remote control. If I didn't mention it before, it also plays VCDs and will output a true 96kHz/24-bit signal for high resolution music playback.
    The unit has not gotten much use over the last 6-8 months as I have been using a progressive scan player to watch my DVDs. [​IMG] The only reason I was keeping it was in order to watch my laserdiscs and I hardly ever watch those any more (thanks to anamorphic DVD. [​IMG] This is definitely a "low mileage" piece. [​IMG] Please feel free to e-mail myself or Gregg if you have any additional questions or require any additional information.
    --Ned
    [Edited last by Ned Vogler on October 30, 2001 at 10:00 AM]