What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pinocchio Blu Ray replacement disc for missing lines of dialogue? (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Here's what happened. I ordered another copy of Pinocchio from Amazon, wagering that I would get a corrected copy, which I did. I then emailed Disney and explained that the original defective copy was purchased over a year ago when it was first released and therefore the B&M would not accept it as a return. I asked them for a return mailer and another blu-ray from their catalog. I got the mailer, sent in the entire package (BD & DVD), and a week later my copy of A Christmas Carol arrived.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Sumnernor

a week later my copy of A Christmas Carol arrived.

Was the copy you received "corrected"?

[/QUOTE]

"A Christmas Carol"? Or "Pinocchio"? I got the second copy of "Pinocchio" from Amazon, and it is corrected. Is there a problem with "A Christmas Carol?"

Bob-ATL

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a copy of Pinocchio on Blu-ray at my local Wal-Mart in Marietta, GA. It was the last copy they had in the store.

It is the corrected version.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I got a corrected copy via amazon and sold my older set to a friend who didn't care about the minor dialog missing. Win-win in the end, but simply peculiar all around.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I finally just took a chance on a copy at Target, which turned out to the the corrected version. I returned my second defective copy to Amazon for a refund.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Originally Posted by Paul Penna

So, I guess you have to buy a new copy of Pinocchio, hoping it's the new one, which will be crap shoot, because we only know the new ring number, not the outside package difference.

I think it sounds like everyone who's gotten one from Amazon directly (not a Marketplace seller) within the past month has gotten the corrected version

[/QUOTE]

Beware, for I just received my copy directly from Amazon (not a Marketplace seller) today, and it's the bunk version. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I'm off to call Disney customer service...who knows how many times I'll have to return this to Amazon for a replacement before I get a good one? I popped in my old Gold Edition DVD to watch the number properly, just for the hell of it, and what's really cool about this old Gold Edition (and why I won't get rid of it) is that you can tell the film was made using actual hand-drawn, hand-painted animation cels...you know, the way it was actually made, as opposed to colored on a computer. They may have done some computer color enhancement to the old transfer, but at least it still looks like traditional animation the way I like it, cel evidence and all. The new Blu-ray looks absolutely spectacular, but it's just too clean and scrubbed for its own good, and looks like nothing remotely approximating an animated film from Disney circa 1940; the only giveaway is that it's an excellent film, which is much more than you can say about most of Disney's post-1986 product.

Sorry, I'm a bit huffy right now. :-(

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I finally got around to checking my copy today, which I got from the Disney Movie Club in late 2009 (I added it to my DVD Profiler on 12/09/09, so I probably got it a bit earlier)..... and TA-DA! It's the corrected version.
[/url]

The new Blu-ray looks absolutely spectacular, but it's just too clean and scrubbed for its own good, and looks like nothing remotely approximating an animated film from Disney circa 1940; the only giveaway is that it's an excellent film, which is much more than you can say about most of Disney's post-1986 product.

[/quote]
I think this is the reason why I'm generally not up in arms over the updated color schemes of the Disney classics on blu-ray... the films are just too wonderful. Yes, it's different, but I can't honestly say that I'm less moved because of the revised colors. These films are transcendent.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered Pinocchio and got the bad version. This past week I took the plunge and ordered Pinocchio from Amazon again. Success! This one is good. I don't see anything different on the packaging to tell you any difference. Now I need to send back the bad version to Amazon to get a refund. Thanks for this thread to let me know a corrected disc is out there!

-Rodney

Can you get a refund for a disc that was opened? I got a new one from Amazon this week too and it has been corrected. Now what to do with the old one.

I had a message on my voice mail from Disney. It was so nice! I was told that I can switch out one of my Pinocchio copies for another movie. He said that some corrected copies have been sent to Amazon (that's where I got mine), but that a full scale replacement program is in the works. So for those of you who haven't gotten corrected copies, hang in there!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by eric scott richard

...but that a full scale replacement program is in the works. So for those of you who haven't gotten corrected copies, hang in there!

That's good news.

It's about time...but, still, good news.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yes it is good news. I had resigned myself to thinking I'd have to live without those lines of dialog, now I'll happily send in my botched disc for a replacement when the time comes.

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

That's good news.

It's about time...but, still, good news.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mistakes happen. That's just a fact of life. But this kind of post-sales support, even though it probably could've come more promptly, certainly helps give us confidence in buying their wares.

Looking forward to that replacement program...

_Man_

M3wThr33

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Glass
I was looking for a place online where I could get my missing sleeve for my case and found this thread. Sure enough, I checked mine, that I got a long while ago at Toys R Us, and both the DVD and BRD are the screwed up ones. So, if there's a replacement program in the works, should I just wait for more info rather than bombarding the customer service with more info? Also, for those that ordered off Amazon recently or got one from Disney customer service, did it have the cardboard sleeve?

Edit: Got a response.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email regarding your Pinocchio Blu-ray disc. We are concerned about your inquiry and would like an opportunity to address this issue with greater detail.

We are aware of the missing audio issue during the "Give a Little Whistle" sequence. At this time, there is no alternate version of this disc that we could use for replacement purposes. We will retain your information and contact you if a resolution is developed.

If you have any other questions feel free to give us a call at 1-800-723-4763, Mondays 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST or reply to this e-mail.

Thank you,

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Technical Support

Earn exciting rewards when you buy Disney DVDs! Join Disney Movie Rewards today- earn points towards great merchandise and exclusive experiences only Disney can provide. It's fast, fun and easy! Find out more at www.DisneyMovieRewards.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks