What's new

Pinocchio Blu Ray replacement disc for missing lines of dialogue? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by M3wThr33

No. They only asked for a Blu-Ray.

Did people send both?

No. I was just curious if you thought both were being replaced and you might have sent both by mistake. There is one member--who has posted in this thread--who returned the entire package to Disney.

If you had sent both discs in, I was just curious to see what Disney Customer Service would have done.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

No. I was just curious if you thought both were being replaced and you might have sent both by mistake. There is one member--who has posted in this thread--who returned the entire package to Disney.

If you had sent both discs in, I was just curious to see what Disney Customer Service would have done.

I got the entire package back, but I haven't checked it yet. I don't care about the DVD.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
A pristine replacement disc arrived two days ago and Mr. Cricket's heretofore missing lines are a lovely thing to hear. Good deal!

Thanks again to Mike Frezon, Diane at Disney, and everyone else who was instrumental in getting a replacement program implemented. I know it costs money, but this is what real customer service satisfaction is all about.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Originally Posted by Chas in CT

A pristine replacement disc arrived two days ago and Mr. Cricket's heretofore missing lines are a lovely thing to hear. Good deal!

Thanks again to Mike Frezon, Diane at Disney, and everyone else who was instrumental in getting a replacement program implemented. I know it costs money, but this is what real customer service satisfaction is all about.

+1

Thanks Disney! I got mine too. That's really putting the customer first!

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
I called today and they still have not received my copy in their return envelope which was mailed on the 11th. They didn't seemed surprised that my copy had not arrived yet and to check back in another week.

Real Name
Karl Pozorski

I sent both the blu-ray and the DVD. They called and said there was no replacement program for the DVD. They are returning it with the replacement Blu-ray.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Picked up one when it was on sale at Target and finally got around to checking and it turns out to be a bad one. Guess I'll be sending it in. One other thing, I tried to use the bonus view on my ps3 and the disc menu says Tis feature cannot be played . It can only be accessed on ayers that support Bonus view. :confused:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yeah, I'm still on this... Did anyone hear of a time limit for the exchange? I've had my mailing label for about a month, but wanted to watch the BD a couple more times (spaced out) before sending it off JIC it goes MIA.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for your recent contact regarding Pinocchio on Blu-ray disc. We truly appreciate your patience in this matter.

We are happy to let you know that we can now exchange your Blu-ray copy of Pinocchio for a new copy with corrected audio.

If you would like to participate in this exchange program, please reply to us with a confirmation of your full mailing address and phone number. We will then send you a pre-paid return mailing label.

Please use this label to send us just Disc 1 of Pinocchio on Blu-ray. Keep all other discs and packaging. As soon as we receive your disc, we will send out the corrected copy.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800 723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Just happened to check back into this thread. Happy

to see that an exchange program has been set up for

this title. Waiting for the exchange line to open so I can

call them this morning.

ADDED: Just got off the phone with Customer Service.

They were extremely nice and a return mailing label is

on the way. Thanks so much Disney! Hats off to you

for taking care of your consumers like this.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Christian P

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Khai L

Does this replacement program only apply to North America? I am in Australia, and have confirmed that my copy of Pinocchio is the erroneous version. I guess it's a minor audio issue that I would not have personally picked up without this forum, but now that replacement discs are sent out, I'd like one too!

So please, does anyone know if this applies to Australia too? Thanks,

I live in Germany, and although they replaced my misframed copy of Pirates of the Caribbean back in 2007, this is the response I got today:

Dear Christian, Thank you for the e-mail regarding your Pinocchio Blu-ray disc. We are concerned about your inquiry and would like an opportunity to address this issue with greater detail. The Pinocchio dialog issue was only found in product that was released in the US and Canada. Therefore we are only processing replacement requests for guests who reside in US and Canada. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any other questions, please reply to this e-mail. Thank you. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Technical Support

I watched the comparison videos on YouTube, and the missing dialogue doesn't bother me that much, so I'm not too upset.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I got mine a couple days ago.

I tip my hat to everyone here who brought this to Disney's attention, and to Disney for handling it so well.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
In case anbody cares, even though Pinocchio is "back in the vault" now (confirmed), Disney has plenty of fixed BDs to go around. So, apparently, no particular hurry. Though it probably makes sense to at least get your label ASAP so you are "counted".

[I still haven't returned my BD for reasons mentioned previously even though I have long had the mailing label, and now that I'm finally ready to do it, there is sort of a postal slowdown/strike here. lol]

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I just NOW got around to finally calling Disney and asking for the replacement disc. Good to know--they still have replacement discs and they still totally know the problem. Why it took me a whole year to get around to it is one of those Home Theatre mysteries, but there you have it--

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

The missing lines of dialogue are contained within the song Give a Little Whistle.

As Jiminy is counseling Pinocchio to "let his conscience be his guide" and "give a little whistle"...the two characters do a bit of a call-and-answer section:

Jiminy: And when your whistle's weak.....YELL!

Pinocchio: Jiminy Cricket!

Jiminy: Right!

Well, the response "Right!" by Jiminy is missing--both from the new mix for the Blu-ray release and from the original mono mix also included on the disc.

There is another piece of Jiminy's dialogue missing from the end of the same song. When Jiminy has always said "Look out Pinoke!", as Pinocchio falls over, there is...nothing.

Watched our Blu-ray copy before Christmas and never noticed the missing dialogue. This movie is so weird that a missing "Watch out Pinoke!" goes unnoticed :)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
DaveF said:
Watched our Blu-ray copy before Christmas and never noticed the missing dialogue. This movie is so weird that a missing "Watch out Pinoke!" goes unnoticed :)
Right!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks