What's new

Pinky and the Brain fans feel ripped off? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I am both a fan of Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain, so it doesn't concern me.

But for those that fans of Pinky & The Brain but not Aniamaniacs, how do you fell about the way the WB video has packaged the DVD episodes, and the fact that on the 3 volumes of Pinky & The Brain they only have the 65 episodes that original made for the Pinky & The Brain show, but not the episodes that originally aired on Animaniacs, even though a number of them were aired on the Pinky & The Brain show.

What this means, if you want every Pinky & The Brain episode, you have to buy the Animaniacs DVDs as well. Not that I mind, but what about you.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
I'm a long time Pinky and the Brain fan. I was upset at first, but after giving Animaniacs a try, I found I'd happily collect those sets as well. So my answer that I don't find it a problem probably isn't the one you're looking for, but I think if more people gave Animaniacs a try, there'd be fewer PatB fans upset.

I am much more concerned about the lack of the final volume of Animaniacs. Tiny Toon Adventures is schedule for a spring 2008 release, but we've heard nothing from WHV about finishing off Animaniacs. Wacko's Wish would be nice too.

Oh, and though I normally I make sure my collection is complete in every aspect, I couldn't care less if WHV decides to release Pinky, Elmira, and the Brain. I might buy it just for laughs if the price is right, but I wouldn't mind going on pretending that it never existed.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
As a completest (except for the terrible Pinky, Elvira and the Brain show), even though the Aniamaniacs shorts were repackaged into the Pinky And The Brain show, those episodes did not have the original Warner siblings intro, so if they did release every episode on the Pinky And The Brain DVDs using those repackaged episodes, it would still be missing something.

Not to mention, there is a chance that there are an episode or two that never made it to the P&B show, so an episode could be missing, and Pinky & Brain made appearance in the other Animaniacs cartoons. There was always P&B material that is only available on the Animanaics show.

The only inconvience with the Animaniacs DVD, is if you want to watch a specific early Pinky & The Brain cartoon, you have to find it on the Aniamaniacs DVD and fast forward to it.

But like I said before, I liked the Animaniacs to begin with.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not a huge Pinky and the Brain fan, but I would own the Animaniacs episodes like Bubba Bo Bob Brain if I could. I don't like the Animaniacs, though, so I'll just do without.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I haven't thought about picking up the Animaniacs first three sets to get to the Pinky and the Brain episodes. Maybe I should. However, I'm more concerned about WB putting out the last set which includes all the Animaniacs later episodes that I missed that year.

And Steve Z, I disagree with you, I did like Pinky, Elmira, and the Brain. A little Pinky and the Brain is better than no Pinky and the Brain
James Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks