What's new

International PERSONAL HISTORY OF DAVID COPPERFIELD REGION 2 (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I just received the Region 2 Blu-Ray of THE PERSONAL HISTORY OF DAVID COPPERFIELD. I have an All
Region Player which has never given me any trouble before, but for some reason it refuses to acknowledge
this disc. Instead I get a notice saying MISMATCH BETWEEN DISC AND PLAYER REGION CODES. Before I
try for a refund I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a way around it. Any help
would be much appreciated!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I know this is gonna sound incredibly simple (and hopefully not cause offense) but have you switched the player from Zone A to Zone B?

DVDs have regions, Blu-rays have zones. DVD regions are 1-6, BD zones are A-C.

For modified players that can play discs from all regions, generally the rule of thumb is that they can play DVDs from anywhere without any extra setup, but that for Blu-rays, the zone needs to be changed manually. However, there are many international BD discs where the studio leaves it as all zones even if the packaging states otherwise. It may be that while you’ve used the player with many international discs, that this is the first one you’ve tried that’s actually zone locked.

I would recommend checking with the documentation that came with your modification to check how to switch from Zone A to Zone B.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
All-region Blu-ray players can be a bit fickle. Where a particular disc plays through well after entering the region code on the remote, another player will give you the mismatch message regardless of how many attempts are made (although plenty of other Region B titles might play on that machine without a hitch). You could also try cleaning your laser lens. These beams are so narrow that just about any speck of dust, fingerprint smear or other surface anomalie can throw the beam off course. There is also the very distinct possibility that the disc itself is defective.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Many thanks Josh, Mark and Dick! It took some digging, but I finally unearthed the recommended documentation et Voila! We'll be watching it tonight. The support of Home Theater Forum members is
something I've learned to rely on over the years.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m so glad it worked out without needing to exchange or return anything! :)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Many thanks Josh, Mark and Dick! It took some digging, but I finally unearthed the recommended documentation et Voila! We'll be watching it tonight. The support of Home Theater Forum members is
something I've learned to rely on over the years.

Be sure to let us know what you think of the film. I purchased it in 4K on iTunes but haven't got around to watching it yet.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Personal History of David Copperfield was one of the nicest surprises in this years limited release schedule. I have the region B Blu-ray and the quality is excellent. The casting is so interesting and in all but one case adds tremendously to the humor and pleasure of the story. I have selected this multiple times for "Movie Nights" shown to a variety of friends and relatives. All have all enjoyed this film very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks