What's new

Disney+ Percy Jackson and the Olympians (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm surprised I couldn't already find a thread for this show. The first two episodes of Percy Jackson and the Olympians are now up at Disney+ and as a promising sign, the titles of the episodes are titles from the books.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just watched the first 2 episodes and really enjoyed them. The series so far is much much more faithful to the books than the movies were and in the 2nd episodes they start showing things that weren't introduced until much later in the series but probably happened in this time period but wasn't shown because Percy wasn't in the scene and the books are written in first person.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised I couldn't already find a thread for this show. The first two episodes of Percy Jackson and the Olympians are now up at Disney+ and as a promising sign, the titles of the episodes are titles from the books.

I had a feeling they would drop early! But I was watching another show I'm engrossed in (A Murder At The End Of The World) so I didn't mind one bit.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I took in episode one earlier today. ( Feeling a bit tuckered out, so holding off on episode two. The rigors of aging. :) )

Anyway, I was really surprised just how much I enjoyed episode one. I haven't read the books that are the basis of this series, so I have no room for comparison. Of course having seen all of the Harry Potter films, I am not completely unfamiliar with this territory. Not a criticism, just a simple fact that a lot of the tropes present in this series are not unique to it. I read my fair share of fantasy literature when I was younger, so no big surprises.

Series geared towards the YA crowd aren't always something that I gravitate towards, but I was pleasantly surprised. I liked all of the performances and thought the FX work was solid. Liked the overall visual design of the show and the show's aesthetic. I think I will be sticking with this, if episode one is any indicator of what to expect moving forward.

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hope to see this if it's ever released on disc or for digital purchase outside of D+. I enjoyed the two films with Logan Lerman.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Having read the books, they do remind one of Harry Potter. Though, as the series progresses, it distinguishes itself from HP.

The first 2 episodes were fine. I'm hoping it's successful enough to continue onto books 3 to 5, which the films didn't do.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Quality is still good three episodes in. I am enjoying this very much.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Episode 4 took place entirely within one chapter of the book.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm enjoying this so far. Haven't read the books, but the casting is solid from top to bottom. The main three kids play off each other well while feeling different from one another. The gods and monsters we've met so far have been fun. Love the art deco inspired end credits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks