What's new

Parks and Recreation: Season 5 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
I wonder if Andy and April with the little boy was foreshadowing them maybe having a kid in the near future. Either way, one of my very favorite TV marriages.
I think it was in one of the webisodes when April and Andy went to the Grand Canyon, she wondered about the quality of the school districts in the area (and Andy said how it didn't matter because they had already graduated :)).
It's funny because when they got married, I thought it was bizarre but fitting for the characters. Now, I think it was one of the best moves that the writers ever made.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
A bunch of the cast are in town this week filming for Ben's bachelor party. They filmed at St. Elmo's Steak House yesterday and while there, Newt Gingrich showed up and they wrote a cameo in for him. He was in town to meet with the Governor. They also plan some shots at the Colt's stadium. You can see the article here in the Indy Star:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121203/THINGSTODO/121203017/-Parks-Recreation-Men-Pawnee-chow-down-St-Elmo-Steak-House?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Just a pitch-perfect episode tonight. Loved everything about it.
Looks like Jerry's girls take after their mother...
Yeah, really good episode. If I had to reach for a criticism, it would be that I wish that they showed more of the characters at Jerry's party.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holy hell, what an episode. Jerry's unexplainable home-life; "Jerry Dinner!!!"; some great acting by Lawless; a realistic depiction of the issue that a girlfriend of Ron's would likely have, considering his relationship with Leslie; DUKE SILVER. Also, the focus on Ben and Chris's relationship was fantastic -- nice to see them getting around to pulling Chris out of his depression, and it was great to see those two interacting again.
And, oh my God -- the "In Memoriam" segment at the woodworking awards absolutely fucking SLAYED me.
"Jerry and Gayle...there is no logical reason."
After seeing how good Christie Brinkley still looks, I get why Billy Joel drinks.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
As good as she looks at 58, her "acting" was PAINFUL to watch. She acts about as well as she dances.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"I know that you secretly love artichokes...and PLUMS..."
"KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN, WOMAN!!"
Megan Mullaly just tears into all the Tammy-craziness like a Phillies fan would a cheesesteak, and Offerman's underacting bounces off it so beautifully. I think I'm now starting to understand how she kept Will & Grace afloat for so long.
"This award is the only one I'd ever give a damn about. I made my first chair when I was five, but the quality of the wood was wanting, so when I turned nine, I used my factory-wages to purchase some beautiful local walnut... Uhm, thank you... For this, uh, this all good. Night good. Uh...there it is."
Oh, and now I can't stop imagining Tammy and Leslie going at it in a dumpster. Did Parks and Rec really think I wasn't a big enough dirtball without its help?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ya know, I think they could have built a very successful episode in Jerry's party. Not that this one wasn't a great way to spend a half hour...I want to see what this group can do in a contained space.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Looking at this from Diane's point of view it's very understandable.(Diane worried about Leslie) I would be a bit worried also. But, Ron showed Diane a side of himself that only April knows. So, once she sees Leslie in her workplace she'll see she treats all her friends that way, especially Anne.
I think Ron and Diane, despite their differences are great together.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I suppose Jean-Ralphio's scheme for counterfeiting Euros is best left to the imagination. There was a ton of Pawnee townsfolk/weirdos that popped up in this episode- J.J., Dr. Harris, Pistol Pete, The Douche, Crazy Ira, China Joe, Councilman Howser, Councilman Milton, Sewage Joe, Harris from animal control, the old lady who frequents town meetings and the chanting guy from town meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks