What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Paramount TV Boxsets- Walmart Exclusives (1 Viewer)

cpalmer2k

Agent
Real Name
Chad
Looking through previous posts I've found two phone numbers you might want to try- (323-956-3010) or 877-335-8936 . Both have been used to provide replacement discs for various Paramount releases in the past. Another avenue might be to just try to locate another copy at Wal-Mart and exchange it, if you can find one.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I ended up doing the exchange. Sadly, disc 1 was loose in this one, too.

At least the case is basically fine. It isn't keeping disc 1 quite as secure as it should, but secure enough where it won't again come loose just sitting on my shelf. Hopefully disc 1 has no playback issues (Fine through two episodes so far), but if it does, I'll just go the disc replacement route.

So thanks for the numbers you located for me since I very well might need them. This one has a few light scratches that might be problematic.

Has anyone bought one of these releases at retail and not had troubles with disc 1, or did I just have bad luck?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
My Andy Griffith Walmart set had light scratches here and there, but I had no playback issues with any discs in the set.

cpalmer2k

Agent
Real Name
Chad
I received my copy of the Andy Griffith Seasons 1-5 set and all discs were intact on their spindles. No obvious damage to the case either.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
Found out I have a manufacturing defect on a single disc in my Star Trek: TNG Season Six Blu-Ray set two years after I bought it. Tried to call the two numbers mentioned here after not being able to find a CBS home video customer service contact. The 323 number is dead and I got an unexpected response from the other number.

Is there not any help available from CBS on this? I've had other companies replace bad discs for me in the past after several months of ownership, especially when you convince them you did not damage it yourself.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but a Petticoat Junction set has popped up at local Wal-Mart's over the past week with seasons 1-3 bundled together in one of their usual cases for these boxsets.

Alas, it's nothing that's new to DVD. :(

I hope a Combat! set pops up soon.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I hope a Combat! set pops up soon.

Did Image/RLJ recently lose their rights to Combat! ?

(ie. Similar to how Image recently lost the rights to the original Twilight Zone, with CBS/Paramount subsequently releasing their own dvd/bluray versions of TZ).

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Yes, their license expired as it also did for The Dick Van Dyke Show. So CBS again has the home video rights to all three.

Here's part of an email from November 2015 from one of their employees when I inquired about the chances they might give this one the HD remastered Blu-Ray treatment that they did for the other two.

Hi Leo,

Unfortunately, RLJ/Image Entertainment no longer has the legal right to sell or distribute the Combat! TV series. All of our titles for the series are no longer available for sale.

Sadly though, those hoping for a reissue will have to hope that CBS goes all the way and does a complete series release. At 40 discs for the complete series, it's too large for these cheaper Wal-Mart boxsets. So we'd likely only see seasons 1-3 if they release this through Wal-Mart.

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Sadly though, those hoping for a reissue will have to hope that CBS goes all the way and does a complete series release. At 40 discs for the complete series, it's too large for these cheaper Wal-Mart boxsets. So we'd likely only see seasons 1-3 if they release this through Wal-Mart.

Another possibility is an amazon exclusive for a CBS/Paramount reissued set.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Amazon.com has posted listings for several combo sets- are these not already available in the USA? They are scheduled to be released on February 28, looks like they may no longer be exclusive to Walmart.

Criminal Minds S1-4, S5-8
Gunsmoke S1-4
JAG S1-4, S5-8
NCIS S5-8

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I was at wal mart yesterday and they had mash 1-4 for $24, Mary Tyler Moore show 1-4 $20, and the new Hawaii Five-0 1-4 for $40

Did the Fox sets use the same style 12-disc sized dvd cases which Paramount has been using for these low-budget sets?

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Did the Fox sets use the same style 12-disc sized dvd cases which Paramount has been using for these low-budget sets?

I didn't look that close but I think it was just the four season cases bundled together.

Last edited:

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
My local Walmart store didn't have MASH or MTM, nor any of the Paramount TV show sets. In fact, their whole DVD section looked like it was cut in half since I last visited their store. The $5 bins filled with DVDs were gone. They used to have 2 big bins in the center aisle. I didn't see very many classic TV shows, either. I remember seeing two Batman complete series, two Grizzley Adams CS, one Have gun Will Travel season 1, one Carol Burnett show, and one Best of Dark Shadows. They did have more current TV series but I wasn't interested in those.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
My local Walmart store didn't have MASH or MTM, nor any of the Paramount TV show sets. In fact, their whole DVD section looked like it was cut in half since I last visited their store. The $5 bins filled with DVDs were gone. They used to have 2 big bins in the center aisle. I didn't see very many classic TV shows, either. I remember seeing two Batman complete series, two Grizzley Adams CS, one Have gun Will Travel season 1, one Carol Burnett show, and one Best of Dark Shadows. They did have more current TV series but I wasn't interested in those.

I seem to have had a little more of the opposite lately-- in fact, I got a good many releases of 80s shows from there on some of my last few visits (Knight Rider, Airwolf, Miami Vice, et al.).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks