What's new

Paramount: A big ***THANK YOU*** for FUNERAL IN BERLIN! (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Martin Blythe & co,
I haven't seen much in the way of internet reviews or discussion threads about it, so I'd like to let you know that I just watched the widescreen DVD of FUNERAL IN BERLIN you released this week, and it looks and sounds terrific, almost as though the film was made last year, rather than 35 years ago! To my knowledge, no movie channel (in the USA, anyway) that has run this film has bothered to show it in its proper 2.35:1 Panavision aspect ratio, so giving this disc a spin in my DVD player was an extra treat.
While it would've been nice to see a commentary track and/or video interviews with star Michael Caine and director Guy Hamilton (who previously helmed GOLDFINGER) included in the package, this 'bare-bones' Paramount catalog title still richly deserves its proud place on my shelf, next to my IPCRESS FILE and James Bond DVDs. Thanks much for your most un-Warner-like support of older films like this, HELL IS FOR HEROES, PAINT YOUR WAGON, THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE, DONOVAN'S REEF, and the upcoming WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE on DVD. Keep on producing them, and I'll keep on buying them. Like these films, Paramount's DVD division is a class act.
Regards,
Pete Fitzgerald

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Seconded! I'm thrilled this title has got a release, in its correct AR. Just a shame that a lot of people are going to overlook this gem in favour of more recent, inferior films.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to add my thanks also for releasing this fine film on DVD. I also want to thank you for your commitment to the older titles in your library. It is studios like you that make it a pleasure to buy DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks