What's new

Paradigm Servo-15 sub: is this a good price? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all! After doing some calling around, I was able to get a quote for the Servo-15 subwoofer for $1550.00 CDN (including tax)...this is without the X30 crossover (as I do not need it).

Is this a good deal or should I haggle for a lower price?

Opinions welcome.

Nick V

Second Unit
I'd haggle for a lower price. Supposedly you should easily be able to find it for $1200 CDN. Some people have even purchased it for under $1000 CDN before taxes.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Especially in summer time, sales are not the highest so you have a little more bargaining power.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Christopher,I think the key phrase in your post is "calling around".If you did this by phone,you will never get the best price that way.You need to get in your dealers face and show him that your willing to make a purchase if you get a good deal.My local Paradigm dealer had to move 2 blocks away because of a expired lease.They were ASKING $1329 so I'm sure you can get one for $1200 without trying to hard.I would try to grind them to around $1100.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Don't discount the phoning around thing (no pun intended, har har). Keep trying that before you go out. Thats how I found a Mirage BPS-400 for $950.00 CAD plus taxes. Its worth a try before going out to each store. Be firm and ask for the lowest price of $1000.00 CAD, or phone Kennedy Hi-Fi and ask to put down a deposit on a Mirage BPS-400 for a total price of $950 plus tax and be done with it :)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
If you really want the Paradigm Servo 15, try Whitby Audio for a quote too and say you are looking for a very decent deal. (905) 668-0787 I believe.

JohnKE

Agent
I have an idea...for not much more money ($1600.00), you could have (2) PW-2200's. Nice if you have the room.
Also - have you checked out Canadian Sound in Brampton? They are not Paradigm dealers, but they are very professional to talk to. (And they had this killer 18" Definitive sub on the floor the other day. Nasty.) ;)
Just a thought.

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if all these low quotes for the Servo-15 are before taxes or taxes included? Tax really kills you at 15% for every dollar (7% GST, 8% PST)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Man, if you're in Markham, just go to Kennedy Hi-Fi and order a Mirage BPS-400 for $950.00. (Oh, you already emailed me to say you're going to take look).

That subwoofer is not found everywhere, and you happen to be minutes away from a dealer. For the money, I say Mirage BPS-400. What receiver, speakers and room size are you using the subwoofer with?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
No I haven't heard the B&W ASW-650. What drivers/ports does it sport and what amp? I would like to hear it though. Got a website link?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks