What's new

Paradigm DSP-3200 or Upgrade to Reciever with Audyssey multieq xt32 (1 Viewer)

Ed Conley

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed
Hello, need some advice... have a fairly decent sounding 7.1 setup... denon avr x3000... polk and yamaha speakers, ect. My old Yamaha SW-3 12 inch is just that... old lol. Been looking at Paradigm dsp-3200 and believe with a PBK Kit could get better results in the subwoofer area than i have now. Reciever has Audyssey multieq xt... and is ok. But could be better in sub area with boosting frequencies for flatter response.... thoughts?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Have you measured the response? First thing I suggest is get good measurements and experiment moving the sub around to see if you can get a better response.

Of course the Paradigm will no doubt be better than the Yamaha, it won't really do much to solve room issues. Also, while you are looking, check out internet direct subs like SVS. You can get way more sub for the money going internet direct.

Ed Conley

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed
Hi Dave, thanks so much for the reply.. yes i agree the Paradigm dsp-3200 would be better with the pbk kit. I have looked at svs and there 12 inch with eq is a few hundred more than a Paradigm. My local dealer basically has Paradigm, Yamaha, and JL Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks