What's new

Panic Room: 3- disc Special Edition coming in March (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Interesting thread and I'm catching up. While Panic Room is not my favorite Fincher film, the creativity and casting choices made during it more than warrant an in-depth look. If David Prior, HTF member and DVD producer, can find 3 discs worth of valuable material, then good for us film fans. These aren't EPK's or press releases, but actual added value from one of the best and most creative directors working today.

If you aren't a huge fan of the film, simply don't buy it. I'll repurchase (with some frustration that I never even WATCHED my first DVD), knowing that I am getting a quality release of a quality film - starring the lovely Jodie Foster.

Take care,
Chuck

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

This is the sad truth. I hate it when people complain that a movie doesn't "deserve" some form of SE or another. You don't like the movie? Don't buy the DVD, but don't piss on the parade for others. EVERY movie has someone who loves it and would be happy with a super SE, so why try to ruin their fun?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Yes, it's actually ironic. These so-called "DVD fans" have NO reason to complain of a movie they don't like getting a big bonus treatment. Any real DVD fan should be happy that any movie gets as much bonus material as possible.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
I, for one, am not complaining... especially since I don't own the other version. However, it is "odd" that this movie get royal treatment... don't you think? Not bad, just odd. Was there even a regular version of the dvd? The only thing I have ever seen was the superbit deluxe. I will be picking this one up, I just thought this movie didn't shake the world up enough for the producers to make a 3 disk set for it. Who knows, I'll buy it!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

No, most of Fincher's films feature extensive extras on the filmmaking process. Hopefully The Game will get something similar.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I think *the point* is that CLASSICS get 2 disks, no?? I, for one wasn't complaining about the amount of disks for PE, but rather the context of the number of discs. I suspect some others were coming from that same POV...

Also, many studios set their pricing on the number of discs (quantity), rather than on the quality or just how much is on the discs...we all have 2 disc sets that could have easily been put on one disc at the same bitrate, say. We shall see when it comes, what we get and how good it is, but I hardly think expressing surprise at this point is very strange.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
The main reason I'm all for a 3 disc set on Panic Room is the quality of the extras on the other Fincher discs.

So many Special Editions are weighted down with self-congratulatory fluff-piece documentaries and trick but tedious multi-angle video games rather than substantive extras that give an insight into the process of moviemaking.

I admit to being very fond of well done extra features on special edition dvds, and several in my collection are of value to me more for the extras than for the films themselves, Pearl Harbor, Phantom Menace, and Attack of the Clones being examples.

When extraordinary extras are included on dvds of films that I really like, such as the LOTR films, Seven, Fight Club, and The Abyss, it's like icing on the cake.

Titanic is one of those films people love to hate, I happen to love it and would welcome an SE with 10 discs if that much stuff could be found to fill them.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
QUOTE]a preview of lords of dogtown would be nice...... [/quote] Well Fincher has droped that, so I don't think so-

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Actually, considering it was a David Fincher film, the barebones original release was the odd one, not the mega SE that's on its way. :) I liked Panic Room much more than The Game, by the way, but I'm not dissing anyone who wants a full-blown SE of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks