What's new

Panasonic 34 hdtv pq issues. Please Help! (1 Viewer)

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 3 year old Panny 34 wx50 hdtv and ive noticed that the pq is not the same as when i bought it. I remeber the hd picture on this tv used to be crisp and real clear. Now I notice that the picture seems a bit more grainy and the picture lacks some depth from how it used to be. I can see more imperfections in the pictures than i used to. Before it used to be more crisper and cleared. I used to get the feeling at times I was looking through a window now i dont. Is it normal for a tube tv to lose some clarity in 3 years. Now if i stand back at about 13-14 feet the picture looks amazingly clear and has depth from the typical viewing distance of about 8-10 feet it lacks the wow factor. How can i get my tv to look like it did when i bought it. I have calibrated the tv via avia and i have it set perfectly but still no luck.. What do i do. If I call a tech can he fix this. Can it be that the lenses lose focus over time. Can a tech perhaps clean the tv inside or perhaps re focus the tv.. What can I do.... My tv model number is Panny ct34wx50 hdtv..

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It could be that the electronic focus has drifted over these past three years. And it also could be that you've simply become a more critical viewer over the years. Or both. (Another possibility: HD broadcasts vary in quality, and now that more networks are broadcasting such there's a greater variability in picture quality.)

I would get an ISF tech to come look at the thing.

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
does the electronic focus drift on direct view tvs over time and if so can a tweeter repair tech fix it. How can they fix it.... From far away the picture looks sharp and clear from closer it starts looking less crisp and more washed out.... Before from the same distances everythign was perfect

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
i feel liek the picture is fuzzier now than it used to be. To get the crisp and clear look i have to move back even further

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
every year I have a guy come over and he does maintenance on the tv. DO they re focus the electronic guns..

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
I am having a tech come out and check it not a isf tech but a regular tech. He might do a e focus on it and stuff. One thing is for sure that I have noticed is that my bright settings on the tv when i got it was at +6 and with time it is now at +18 through +22. This is calibrated via avia. So over time my 1080 i settings have changed and the picture has become a little darker with time. The contrast in this tv is still strong and the whites ive noticed are on the bluish side when watching hockey. The greys when i view them with my avia disc have some coloration on them for instance if i move the color tempature to normal on the left corner of the screen i will see some red . Also on my greys or white there is some coloration on them. Some hd still looks pretty good dont get me wrong but i dotn get the window factor like i used to and my wife will not let me get a new tv till this one lives its last life...... this set is still under warranty for another year and im havign a local tweeter service tech come out and check it on saturday. What shoudl I do do i demand them to fix my tv to my liking

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks