What's new

Pairs Skating ... we was robbed (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
As far as the technical merrits go the Canadains won that side of the competition its the artistic marks that tipped the favor to the Soviet pair and of course its the artistic side of the "sport" that makes it difficult to prove one way or the other. IMO I think giving the canadains a gold medal as well as leaving the soviets with there's will help win part of the media over and help make the rest of the games less focused on this circus but in the long run its not going to do much to garner respect for the sport unless something is done to improve the judgeing

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
NBC is reporting that a second Gold will be awarded to the Canadians.

Edit: Sorry some one already posted the update.

By the way, why is it that so many people are blasting the Russian pair and making them into villains?

It has been reported that people are treating them very rudely and that is just not right. It is not as if they arranged a fix so that they would win.

In a way I feel more sorrow for them then the Canadians.

Through no actions of their own they will now be viewed as villains.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
why is it that so many people are blasting the Russian pair and making them into villains
Probably because it was not only a french judge that was "pushed" but the russian judge that applied a little pressure. Which is why I don't understand why the russian judge is also not being reprimanded...

Ike

Screenwriter
I enjoyed the European press suddenly making the Canadians out to be American's. Several European's asked, "Is this because of pressure from Canada and America?" Like we're in cahoots together! We're competing against them too, you know.
Damned Europeans. :D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
At least the performance will get the reward it deserved from the onset, and since negating the French judge's marks tied the Russians and Canadians, it is fair both get golds. I am also happy to hear the judge has been suspended, but why they would allow someone described as "fragile" to be a judge I don't understand.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
“Fragile” is one of those words used to prevent taking responsibility for your own actions.

As in “I joined the gang of bank robbers because I was too fragile to say no. Therefore I am innocent of robbing the bank.”

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Probably because it was not only a french judge that was "pushed" but the russian judge that applied a little pressure. Which is why I don't understand why the russian judge is also not being reprimanded...
Supposedly it was other French officials pressuring the French judge, not anyone from Russia. Although they only applied that pressure after making a deal with Russian officials...allegedly. Regardless, the Russian skaters themselves should not be held accountable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks