What's new

Outdoor Speakers : Protecting Cables/Connectors over winter (1 Viewer)

spk1973

Auditioning
Real Name
Shawn
Hi,

I've got a pair of Cambridge Soundworks Great Outdoors 52 Speakers, had them for a few years, last fall when I brought the speakers in I tucked the cable ends under the edge joist of the deck where the speakers are hung, it kept the precipitation from falling directly on the alligator clips, but this spring when I went to install the speakers the wire at the connectors was corroded and needed to be cut so I could re-attach the connectors. I don't want this to happen again this year. Any advice as to how to seal the connector ends of the wire for the winter to keep out moisture/elements? This may be a simple question but I'm looking for advice on a tried-and-true method. Any help much appreciated.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Why are you using alligator clips instead of just connecting the copper wires to your speakers. Dump the alligator clips that no doubt are made of metal and will corrode in the elements, If you want to protect the copper ends wrap them in black electric tape for the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks