What's new

Original Alien score = (1 Viewer)

Oliver_A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver Achten
Hello Mr. Lauzirika,

is their any chance that the original Alien score might reappear on one of the next home video releases? It was present on the 1999 Alien 20th Anniversary DVD set as a seperate audio track, which brings up the interesting question if there is any possibility to mix this track with the dialogue and sfx? Perhaps this feature could somehow be incorporated as a tribute to Jerry Goldsmith, because frankly, I am quite shocked how much of his ingenious score has been edited/deleted from the final release of Alien.

Thanks, and have a nice day,

Oliver Achten

Jo_C

Second Unit
I almost bought the most recent issue of the Alien DVD with the intended isolated score, but since I now have the Intrada CD issue of this same intended score...but I would not mind a blu ray containing this isolated score at all, warts and all. I don't care if it doesn't match the film, but still a nice curio for score fans.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I own both the 20th Anniversary Edition DVD and Collector's Edition 2-Disc of ALIEN. Feels like a 3-Disc Ultimate Edition.
I mean with Blu-ray I don't see why they can't? I was born the same year ALIEN was released and of course I'd purchase it on Blu-ray, of course with the supervision of it being produced by Charlie himself.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Originally Posted by Ray_R

I own both the 20th Anniversary Edition DVD and Collector's Edition 2-Disc of ALIEN. Feels like a 3-Disc Ultimate Edition.
I mean with Blu-ray I don't see why they can't? I was born the same year ALIEN was released and of course I'd purchase it on Blu-ray, of course with the supervision of it being produced by Charlie himself.
One more thing! If ALIEN could have all the extras from the 20th Anniversary DVD, 2-Disc and the Laserdisc onto a BD25 or BD-50, that'd be great. Of course I'd want the audio extras for the film to be on the film disc. For the deleted scenes and a majority of the filmed extras I'd like them to be in 1080i/p. Disc 1 should be the film seamlessly branched with DTS-HD Master Audio with the audio commentaries, isolated scores and alternate production audio.
For the rest of the ALIEN series, I'd buy ALIENS and ALIEN3. I'd stay away from ALIEN: Resurrection.

John CW

Supporting Actor
Whatever happened to the uncut version of the documentary on Alien3? I heard it came close to being released, but was edited at the last minute :(

(Sorry for being slightly OT)

Edit: It appears that it's quite obvious what happened to it, and very sad it is, too.

The documentary on Disc Six, now simply titled The Making of Alien³, was originally called Wreckage and Rape: The Making of Alien³. More than thirty minutes of material that was produced for this documentary was cut at the last minute. You might be wondering what difference thirty minutes could make in a three hour documentary. A big difference. Gone now is much of the honesty and truth about the hell director David Fincher went through on the production. Among the footage lost were actual moments with Fincher on the set, where you saw his frustration and anger. You saw his struggles with producers. You heard from Sigourney and the other cast and crew members talking about the problems, and what a raw deal Fincher got. You even heard from the film's producers and Fox executives talking about what went wrong. Simply put, this disc was about as good a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Alien³ as you could ever hope to get, short of Fincher returning to address the production himself (and he WAS asked to do so, but declined). Unfortunately, what you get now, while it still does contain some of the above (including material that you've never seen before), it sort of teases the stuff you really want to know, then glosses by it.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks