What's new

Ordered the 4805 (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

That is for the volume adjustment on the projector itself. I wouldn't even have that turned on myself as all my audio I am playing through with surround setup.

As far as cables go give Blue Jeans Cable a call and save some bucks on high quality cables. A 15 foot component cable will run you only $65.

Parker

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
I will be connecting the Audio to a Receiver but using the PJ Speaker now during setup etc. It's just that the Manual is incorrect to state that the remote has a Volume and Mute button.

The Cables link didn't work for me but I will search and find them. Thanks.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

That's a pretty good tilt...if the image looks ok to you, though, I'd live with it rather than trying to square it up with the keystone correction control.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I thought so too. But as I mentioned before, when I first set it up It was on a 3 FT table and I had to extent the foot all the way to get the Image high enough. That resulted in quite a bit of upwards tilt.(way more than 15 degrees ) If that amount of tilt is available then why do they talk about a 15 degree angle limit?

I decided to take my HD Cable box (motorola DCT 6412 ) from the Bedroom and connect to the PJ since we really weren't watching much in there but it was the only HD TV.

It doesn't seem like I'm getting HD to the PJ off the HD Channels. I know the Unit is only ED but when displaying an HD Channel the "about" section of the PJ says the signal is 480i. The DCT is set up as it was for my HD set. I'm wondering if I should change the setup in the BOX. It gives you a choice of 180i/720P/480P/ and 480i. I left it at 1080i with 480i overide for non HD Channels. I wonder if that needs to be at another setting.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Don't know about any angle limits, I know I want a square picture...the best pic is had with no tilt and no keystone correction.

Did you get component cables yet? Anything over 480i will only be displayed via the component or DVI/HDMI outputs, not S- or composite video.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, using component cable. Although I still need to get a longer one. Currently have two sets connected together. I know that's not good but when I temporarily did this on my HD TV it came through OK.

Does yours indicate 480P?

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I have my Motorola 5100 set to 1080i or 720p, depending on source, and 480p override. The 4805 indicates each resolution properly.

Frank Lee

Stunt Coordinator
John,

I found these cables on the net when I was looking for mine. They have one in the length you need for under $20.

http://www.cablewholesale.com/catalo...videocable.htm

I was going to buy from this place, but the length I wanted was out of stock. I ended up getting a 33' component cable from my local A/V dealer for $35. The brand they sold me was NXG. It seems to do the job quite well for $35.

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Well I just ordered mine today. Said it should ship tomorrow so hopefully I have by the end of the week!
Already have the mount. Guess I will be building a screen this weekend!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

I would give the guys at Infocus a call and tell them about your HD situation. They should be able to get you set up. They could also address the mute issue.

That's odd that the link I post to Blue Jeans Cable didn't work. You can always get to them from the main forum listing by clicking on their banner.

Parker

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Parker: and all who care........

I finally got all my connections made, especially audio through my AV Recv. Everything was OK untill I started to try and figure out why I was getting D.D. audio but not HD Video on my HD Channels. I went back into setup of the cable box and it was set to 480i. So, I changed it to default...1080i and 480i overide. I then got good HD Video but lost the sound..even analog..

After about an hr. of screwing around I called the Cable Co. Seems like they made a software change to add dual tuner support and some other stuff. Had to power down and they did something else and the sound came back. Very cool...

Then I noticed that when switching from HD channels to non HD The 4805 has to search or I need to hit the source button. It is set for AUTO. The only way around it was to go back into the Cable Box setup and turn off 480i overide. Now the HD looks good and I can switch without a problem. The only thing is that since they got the sound working, my non HD channels are worse.

Guess I'll keep playing around but it's hard to figure out. Before they made the software upgrade my non HD looked good and HD was a bit better. Now HD is great and non HD is so so.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I remember being stunned (now I'm merely "impressed") with how good HD looks over what's "just" a 480p device, much better than DVD. Increased color resolution is part of what makes HD sparkle, and it's fully evident over the 4805.

terence

Supporting Actor

Yeah i agree & me too!

When i show HD material via the 4805, people can't beleive its a 480p pj. All 23 HD channels just looks plan outstanding on the 4805!

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Got my screen up. I wasn't happy with the Blackout cloth. Got the Infocus 106" drop down screen. (Da-lite brand) It did improve the image. But, it's much bigger than I need..unless I zoom all the way. Also, has a slight wave in the screen's lower left corner. Maybe it will straighten after being down awhile.

My Lens is at 13' 3" now. Got the Speakers psoitioned and equalized. Arranged the seating. I'm ready for some football!

Got some cables comming too. Currently have 2 Component cables strung togeter.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I re-arranged my HT to optimize for audio. The new configuration has me at a viewing distance of 1.5x screen width, quite a bit closer than the 2x I've been watching for the past year. Surprizingly, the main effect has been not in screen door, which is certainly more noticeable, but in the greater drama the increased field of view adds to a movie. I had assumed I'd find SDE objectionable at 1.5x, but this hasn't been the case.
After a year, still the best HT purchase I've made.

John DeSantis

Stunt Coordinator
Terrence: Been trying to get some pics up to my Home Page. Having problems uploading them. I'll keep at it.

terence

Supporting Actor
John,

Great job!:emoji_thumbsup: Looks very cozy in there.

I give you...

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Excuse my laziness and not going back to look. What size screen are you using again?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks