What's new

Anything New In Projectors? (1 Viewer)

MikeGee

Second Unit
Hey guys
Just curious I've been looking for a projector lately, last time i was looking i never bought one but now I've saved up some $$ to buy one for my basement. Last time i was looking for reviews everyoen was praising the Infocus 4805 for the best value.

My problem is that i cannot seem to find an Infocus anywhere in my area. I went to futureshop and best buy and staples, they all had the infocus listed at 1500$ (canadian) and the replacement bulb at 450$ Seemed a bit steep, however neither store had them in stock/back order or even gave me an option to order it.

My question is.. have there been any new projectors to come out that have replaced the 4805 in terms of better for the $$. Or anything anyone can reccomend for me thats 1000-1500$ canadian.
Thanks!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Do you want a 480p or 720p projector? I have the Mitsubishi HD1000 and I love it. I have no idea what's available in Canada. The Infocus IN72 is the replacement for the 4805, and is said to be the best 480p projector out there.

MikeGee

Second Unit
Well to be honest I dont know if i'll be able to tell the diff with 480p and 720p because I am only running a regular dvd player on it. No blu-ray no PS3 or Xbox360.
I will certainly look into the IN72 I did not know that the 4805 was discontinued.
What about a 720p projector, a best value in that catagory would be?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I highly recommend the Mitsubishi HD1000. It costs $850 here in the USA. A close second would be the Optoma HD70.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks